Paranorman - Jon Brion

This is gonna sound weird but...I find myself repeatedly listening over and over again to a select part of a film I just watched, Paranorman. This company gives Pixar a run for the money, they craft every part of their movies by hand, Coraline, and now Paranorman.

This tune is just too addictive, it's by Jon Brion... surprise! A musician who scored, again, one of my favorite parts of music ever... that great montage where, in StepBrothers, both of them "grow up"

:)

gogo

Remember this movie, was in cinema at bigger towns end of August. Problem was its FSK12, so our second and third couldn't see it when they were at cinema without adults. And when we came back to town on another saturday it was not running anymore.

Same studio as The Corpse Bride I think? What I never understood: how can holywood actors who give their voice get their share from money returns from german cinemas? There is a totally different voice in the translations :)

Crafted by hand:

The corpse bride and Paranorman were stop motion pictures. But the puppets for Paranorman were created using 3D printers? So even the fine movements of arms and such may be handmadem the puppets are no longer.

FSK12: unforced self control of cinemas rated it as 12 years and older

Crafted by hand:

The corpse bride and Paranorman were stop motion pictures. But the puppets for Paranorman were created using 3D printers? So even the fine movements of arms and such may be handmadem the puppets are no longer.

I love this part about Laika...this company is just phenomenal. About 250 craftsman working on this last movie alone. I've spent some time now looking at the making of these movies, to me, they are almost as entertaining as watching the movies themelves. Most importantly, they teach me an appreciation for the artistry and long hard hours of "craft" that is a part of these projects.

There are music scenes from Corlina that, no matter how often I watch them, never cease to delight me... enter the dancing mousies!

:)

gogo