Lore Question: Old man on the Opening Cinematic?

Who is that guy? I never had the priveledge of playing the first Sacred, but question ( altough I haven't read every single quest) doesn't explain who the old man, narrating is.

Also the dryad seems to make a comment refering to the old man that I never hear him say:

"How does the old man say it...'Fly you fools' "

• Like! 1

Can't answer the first question much beyond the old man is the 'blind guardian'.

The second question, on the other hand, never heard that line, but if that be the case, the dryad is not referring to said blind guardian. She is actually referencing Gandalf from Lord of the Rings. In other words, breaking fourth wall, and she's trying to be funny. :P

Edited by Aegis

Indeed... The first time I came across the kid talking about Blind Guardian in concert - my first thought was WTH? Why would anyone want to see that old guy in concert?

And then I ran into Hansi and went to the concert - and it all made sense.

So I would imagine the old guy narrating the game's opening is a sort of easter egg.

• Like! 1

I always wondered who that old man was! Yeah the reference to fly you fools...totally Gandalf...

Anyone notice the way the old man snorts through a single nostril while prepping...or am I over thinking this?

;)

gogo

• Like! 1

Ah crap, the sad thing is I didn't catch that and I love Gandolf, any game that has an old guy as a Wizard I name Gandolf like Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.

Now this Blind Guardian (non band member), is there a reference in "this" game that lets you that is who he is, or from the original sacred?

That's just it. The old guardian dude is NOT in Sacred 1 nor Underworld. It wouldn't make much sense for him to be there - since he's already fairly old and Sacred 1 is supposed to be happening about 2000 years AFTER Sacred 2.

I should say, he probably isn't anywhere in the game - tho I suppose he could have been buried near some T-energy and wound up being resurrected in Sacred 1 as a zombie or maybe a skeleton...

That's just it. The old guardian dude is NOT in Sacred 1 nor Underworld. It wouldn't make much sense for him to be there - since he's already fairly old and Sacred 1 is supposed to be happening about 2000 years AFTER Sacred 2.

Ah, ok...

2000 yrs later, I didn't know that, this series is really starting to get even more interesting

Edited by Tybudd