Finding a place to download this game....

I bought this game around 4 or so years ago I think, and kinda wanna play it again but I can't see any download links anywhere for it. All I see are patch downloads or mod downloads.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Steam has Sacred 2 Gold available for download on the computer.

I heard there's some bugs with the steam version, also they're usually relatively late with updates. (implying Sacred 2 even receives updates anymore)

Also to get a steam download you usually have to buy the game through steam, which I didn't. I bought it from the site link that used to be here back when I played it.

I do not know of anyplace you can you download the game. Was it DL Gamer that you bought it from? That was the sponsor here I got my copy of I&B from. If so, you might try contacting them. I would not get my hopes up, but it could not hurt to give it a try.

I bought this game around 4 or so years ago I think, and kinda wanna play it again but I can't see any download links anywhere for it. All I see are patch downloads or mod downloads.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Hi Sam

I'm not sure dlgamer has sacred 2 gold for sale anymore, all their inventories ran out a while ago, I know, as posted above that Steam has it, maybe a few others as well

:)

gogo

I saw a couple posts while browsing saying how the online servers got taken down a while ago due to lack of money for the company or whatever else. Is this true? If so, is there any other ways of playing with others online?

Patching, I saw a thread listing all the patches but can't seem to find it now, I think my game version is 2.0.2 currently.

I saw a couple posts while browsing saying how the online servers got taken down a while ago due to lack of money for the company or whatever else. Is this true? If so, is there any other ways of playing with others online?

Patching, I saw a thread listing all the patches but can't seem to find it now, I think my game version is 2.0.2 currently.

More like lack of interest. I seem to recall a few threads going back to before Deep Silver deep sixed the online gaming servers (Closed.net and Open.net) and they gave me the impression that it was a bit of a snoozefest - meaning not many people were playing online any more.

This kind of thing happens when new games come about - Diablo 3 and Guild Wars both were released.

There's not much reason to be paying the electric bill to power servers that aren't getting any use - especially when the company hasn't been charging players who use the servers to cover those bills. So yeah, money is always an issue.

There are a few options - Tungle and Hamachi - tho I don't know how much of a PITA they are to use - nor if anyone is currently using either.

As far as patching goes... You can grab the UK/International patch from right here on DarkMatters - Ditto for the Ice and Blood Patches - and the Community Patch (aka CM Patch)...

Good luck!

K, so I have it installed. The thing says Ice and Blood 2.64, currently. However, when I tried downloading 64 > 65, and also when I tried downloading the CM Patch it told me I couldn't start any more downloads till my current ones had finished, but the other patches finished hours ago.

The 2.65 patch isn't that critical. From what I recall about it, it's a bug fix having to do with the chat boxes on the left side of the screen. Try again tomorrow. The software running this site may somehow not realize that you've completed the download. It's new software - maybe there's a bug. Hard to say...

You can also get the CM Patch from here... Click the link in the first post to get it started.

Ok so I left it for a while and tried downloading the 2.64 to 2.65 patch and it downloaded. However it comes up saying ''Wrong Software Version'' which to me doesn't sound right. But maybe someone else could shed some light on this problem.

The filename is "Sacred2-UK-2_64_0_0-2_65_1_0" btw.

Edited by sam6555

The patch linked in that thread is 2.65.1 to 2.65.2 which I can't run because I'm at 2.64. Also the sacred 2 updater said I have the most recent software version. :P

Edited by sam6555

Ok.. there were only two upgrades for Ice and Blood. The original version was 2.60.0 or some such. The first upgrade takes you from there to 2.64.1. This gives Sacred 2 Windows 7 compatibility. The second patch took it to 2.65.2. This fixed a bug with the ingame chat thing - the bug in question caused the game to lose focus on the game itself when the chat window was open.

Now then... Did you read the FINAL post on that thread? The one about removing the Ice and Blood registration, THEN upgrading to 2.65.2 before reloading the serial number? It seems to have fixed the problem for the poster on that thread.

The Securom thing, I tried that and it wont find my Sacred 2 game. Even when I point it to the specific folder. Though maybe it's to do with how I activated the game. I used a method that isn't allowed to be said here, I can PM you how I did it if you like. I bought the game in '09, so I don't have the activation keys anymore.

I see.. Hmm. So you didn't go through the usual rigmarole using the keys... I'm not so sure I really want to know how it was done.

OK... So I presume you installed the game - without any keys. What if you uninstalled the game entirely and started over? This time without whatever trick you used that shall remain nameless until you've got all of the patches in place?

Yes, I know, it's a pain in the neck, but it might be the only way to go.

Good luck in gettnig everything working. Somehow I feel glad, I managed to hunt down it as whole through Play.com.

It's really a shame one needs to go through all the troubles playing a game purchase with hard coin. Well, virtual in this case but still.

I'm no familiar of Gamer's Gate, but I take it there's no way to re-request the keys through customer service or the like?

Wolfie, I will try this later. But first I wanna get the correct application sequence, as I think I remember seeing you should install the main game first, with all patches, and THEN do Ice and Blood with all patches.

So:

Fallen Angel base game > 2.40 patch > 2.43 patch

Ice and Blood expansion > 2.64->2.65.1 patch > 2.65.2 hotfix

Community Patch (optional)

• Like! 1