Zucchini

The zucchini are ripe. 63 fruits with a length of 2 to 3 feet and many many smaller ones. All relatives got some, home for old people, all co-workers, all friends, ....

But still enough left to try out dozens of recipes. Yesterday it was zucchini soup.

3 pound zuccinini

half a pound potato

2 onions

pepper

all boiled in 2 litres bouillon

then add

200g hand cheese added (barbaric cuisines like french would use creme fraiche , yieeek)

2 hands of parsley

Use a hand mixer to puree all

Nice summer soup

Today it will be halved zucchini filled with minced meat and mushrooms.

Tomorrow noodles with a sauce using up the leftovers from todays filling.

How many days can you eat zucchini before you would kill everyone mentioning the word zucchini?

• Like! 1

Hmm.. I have no idea. This is one of those questions like the immortal one - How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOelyGUPo8

But I kind of find zucchini to be somewhat bland as far as vegetables go. Unless you get them off the vine when they're relatively young (about 4" or the width of a hand), they tend to not really have much going for them - especially when they've been overcooked.

• Like! 1

Bravo to you, chattius, for taking it to the senior citizen home!

The "Garden Writers Association" started a program in the USA to encourage people to "Plant a Row", an extra row of vegetables in their garden so it can be distributed by charities to people who can't afford to buy fresh produce at the grocery store. http://www.gardenwriters.org/gwa.php?p=par/index.html

The zucchini are ripe. 63 fruits with a length of 2 to 3 feet and many many smaller ones. All relatives got some, home for old people, all co-workers, all friends, ....

But still enough left to try out dozens of recipes. Yesterday it was zucchini soup.

3 pound zuccinini

half a pound potato

2 onions

pepper

all boiled in 2 litres bouillon

then add

200g hand cheese added (barbaric cuisines like french would use creme fraiche , yieeek)

2 hands of parsley

Use a hand mixer to puree all

Nice summer soup

Today it will be halved zucchini filled with minced meat and mushrooms.

Tomorrow noodles with a sauce using up the leftovers from todays filling.

How many days can you eat zucchini before you would kill everyone mentioning the word zucchini?

It's a pretty good sounding swear word me friend, maybe not long :4rofl:

I love zuchinnies! yeah they're kinda tasteless, but their texture is, for me, what it's all about. They add some great looking shapes, all a part of the cookery palette.

I see the cheese in your recipe

That's an auto like for me

:)

gogo