Find Replace Requests - New SacredWiki Tool

Heya gang. With regards to some talk we had earlier about some bits of content not working on SacredWiki, (old bbcode)... I'll be adding an extension to help with that. I could run replacement strings through mysgl but since there is a tool for Mediawiki then I think we'll just get that. Granted only for use by admins. Just letting you all know the tool is there. As for bbcode... On the wiki we'll be dumping bbcode and adopting wiki code. It's essentially the same except instead of these brackets [ ], we'll use these brackets < >.

Cheers!

• Like! 1

.... As for bbcode... On the wiki we'll be dumping bbcode and adopting wiki code. It's essentially the same except instead of these brackets [ ], we'll use these brackets < >.

Cheers!

Question for ya Schot.....how will this affect all the templates...can we still use them or do you need to modify them first?

Oh sorry... I should have been more specific. These brackets don't change [[ ... ]] Where ever those are used they remain the same. It's only when we use single brackets [ ]. On the wiki it's essentially the following that this pertains to:

[b] [I] [u] [img] [center]

There may be a few others but those are the most prevelant. If something doesn't work, lemme know. :)

Yup, totally get that. Was a mistake to assume bbcode is a commonly used word. I forget sometimes that not everyone has their head stuck in code all the time, lol. bbcode is essentially code that decorates in some way. It's generally a "forum" thing for decorating text, embeding images and is always in pairs of brackets.

It ended up in the wiki largely because of the ipbwiki bridge we had. It made bbcode work in the wiki. But no more!

I thought they had a newer version of the IPBbridge software that was compatible with all the new wares... What's the point of having that if it doesn't do BBCode?

• Like! 1

There actually is a new IPBWiki that was just updated again a few days back, end of July.

Normally we would have instantlyl jumped on something like this, but our vision for the wiki is many many years ...we're looking for stability, security and support. The problem with the last ipbwiki, was that there was never an uninstaller that came with it... so we were very reilant upon updates and support.

This last experience with our sites has taught us a few good words KIS (Keep it simple) and supportable.

This is what happens with big sites like ours, there becomes a built in aversion to anything new becuase if we're runnning well with what we've got, it's got to be a pretty compelling argument for us to change, and we have to be convinced of support for that avenue.

That new IPBWiki is looking pretty nifty though, in a month or two with more downloaded cilents under their belt, with some positive client feedback, it could look interesting again.

:)

gogo

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Artamark%27s_Gate

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Dark_Army_Camp

There are two examples.

There are three words that have received this treatment:

mainquest

chainquest

sidequest

I don't understand what you're addressing :(

Can you please quote the post you are addressing, keep links for me and Schot to check and more clearer explanation of why you are doing what you did.

If these posts are organized this way, me and Schot can verify work easily, and help out with questions the comunity is asking

thanks

:)

gogo

Mainquest should be two words main quest.

Chainquest should be two words chain quest.

Sidequest should be two words side quest.

There are lots of places where they are typed out as one word. The links I provided gave two examples. I've already fixed one of them.

Heyas! I changed the title of this topic as you can see. Please make any "Find Replace Requests" in this topic and I'll get to them when I can.

• Like! 1

There are 20 pages that have "chainquest" that need fixing.

There are 3 pages with "mainquest" that need fixing.

And...

There are 7 pages with "sidequest" needing to be fixed..

All done! I ran my first test of this new tool and it seems to be quite effective. It scares me a bit but I may soon come to love it very much!

Pretty awesome that it shows up in recent changes eh Ysne.

I don't know what you're talking about gogo. All those edits took HOURS to do. I sure am tired now. Whew! *hides super tool* whistle.gif

I'll have a look in a bit Ysne, thanx. Can you tell me what you mean by funky so I know what to look for with regards to find/replace? :)

Ok, I see it! Thanx Ysne. I'll add to my list. For reference this is in my list of find/replace so far...

The following need to be replaced with wikicode:

[b] and [/b]
[I] and [/I]
[u] and [/u]
[img= and ]