Stuck at cave after going to Oasis and killing Dragon

Hey guys I just joined onto here to hopefully get a response from someone on how to fix my problem. Im playing Sacred 2 at the moment and have run into some troubles, in my second time through the game I decided to go ahead of the main mission and go though a cave and kill a dragon I wasnt supposed to.

At the moment im in the desert and the mission is to go to the oasis and grab something in the cave. the golden main mission circle is pointing me into the cave but when I go into the cave it says I have to go back outside..... im really stuck and dont know what to do, considering I dont want to restart the game... is there anything I can do to fix this:)

• Like! 1

Check and see if there is anything you missed along the quest. http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Main_Campaign_Quests

Occasionally, I'll got through something so fast I will miss a step without realizing it and the quest arrow isn't always 100% correct. It that is the cave I'm thinking about, there is a small portal inside it that you could try using as an exit and see if that works.

Welcome to the forums, Trevor!

I think I know where you are, but for a straight-up answer to your question, post exactly the mission you are on (from the log) and we can sort you out properly, rather than guess.

Sometimes when a quest is in a cave, the marker will point to the nearest cave entrance rather than the 'proper' cave entrance, and can lead to this confusion.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

If this is the quest where you have to go get the scroll from the cave, you have to go all the way to the back of the cave, killing the bugs and such in there but leaving all of the chests and such alone. You make it to the back of the cave, retrieve the scroll and then head back to Khorum (the big city in the hole in the ground.)

If it's the mission where you had to go into the cave to get the Scroll of Fire (with all of the scarabs and chests with mummies), then you need to pick up the scroll and exit the cave via the entrance (instead of warping out). It's one of the few quests that requires you to exit an area first before warping.
You can still finish the quest by running back to the cave, entering, then exiting. Then you can freely warp back to Khorum.

Welcome to the forums, Trevor!

I think I know where you are, but for a straight-up answer to your question, post exactly the mission you are on (from the log) and we can sort you out properly, rather than guess.

Sometimes when a quest is in a cave, the marker will point to the nearest cave entrance rather than the 'proper' cave entrance, and can lead to this confusion.

Ya thanks for the reply I thought it would notify me when people responded to my question haha the mission is "Throne of Conflict" when you have to retrieve the scroll from the cave but when I go into the cave where the marker is showing, the marker is just telling me to go back outside where I entered from.... before this I had went through the cave and out of the cave and killing and taking everything I could.

I'm not sure if you can pick up the scroll before getting the quest to do so....but if you did......then the campaign still will want you to go into the cave and out via the cave entrance (I've tried teleporting out of cave to Khorum and then had to walk all the way back out to the cave so I could go in/out to advance pointer)

Have a peek at the wiki here

Throne of Conflict

Maybe just going to Al Sadim in Khorum might advance quest

I'm not sure if you can pick up the scroll before getting the quest to do so....but if you did......then the campaign still will want you to go into the cave and out via the cave entrance (I've tried teleporting out of cave to Khorum and then had to walk all the way back out to the cave so I could go in/out to advance pointer)

Have a peek at the wiki here

Throne of Conflict

Maybe just going to Al Sadim in Khorum might advance quest

Ya I looked over the quest guidelines and it says do not take any of the other treasures in the cave but I think I took all that can be taken from the cave... I'm to busy to play the game at the moment but ill take a look at it tonight and try what you said about just going to talk to the guy in Khorum

I think you get something extra if you don't take anything from those chests. I have done that and still completed the quest so taking stuff does not fail the quest.

SOrry I dont know how to make the image smaller but this is what my map looks like..... the golden main mission circle is pointing directly overtop of the cave entrance so as common sense dictates I go into the cave but the circle doesnt move it always stays over the entrance. Ive killed and taken everything from the cave but nothing seems to work, is there any way I can somehow fail or restart the mission?

Did you exit from the cave exit by walking out (not using any town portals)?
Also, check your PSN. I sent an invite to add you. I could probably troubleshoot this in a few minutes (assuming that one of my characters are around your character's level).

Did you exit from the cave exit by walking out (not using any town portals)?

Also, check your PSN. I sent an invite to add you. I could probably troubleshoot this in a few minutes (assuming that one of my characters are around your character's level).

I dont remember.... even if I did teleport out I still have went back to the cave and walked in and out but nothing happens

If you have gone all the way to the back of the cave and can't get the scroll and/or tried to talk to Al Sadim already, I'm not sure what you can do...I would say enter a MP game with someone who hasn't done that part yet but I doubt it would work.

If you could maybe play another toon for a couple days I'll try to follow the same steps as you did and see if I can find a work-around. I have the pc version, so I don't know if I do find a solution, that it would work for you.

From what I understand you are playing Single Player Campaign, made it through the swamp ok, and went into this desert cave before talking talking to the guy in El-Darrag. If you did or didn't do something else let me know....I'll try and follow your steps as closely as I can

Hey guys I just joined onto here to hopefully get a response from someone on how to fix my problem. Im playing Sacred 2 at the moment and have run into some troubles, in my second time through the game I decided to go ahead of the main mission and go though a cave and kill a dragon I wasnt supposed to.

At the moment im in the desert and the mission is to go to the oasis and grab something in the cave. the golden main mission circle is pointing me into the cave but when I go into the cave it says I have to go back outside..... im really stuck and dont know what to do, considering I dont want to restart the game... is there anything I can do to fix this:)

CnC-Crash, welcome to DarkMatters!

I saw your post attached to another long topic here on the forum, and thought it may not get enough attention, split it onto it's own and set it free.

lol, you sure got a lot of responses

Welcome to the community, have fun with the game.

:)

gogo

It almost looks like the game is glitched if you've done everything you could to fix the thing. The main thing about opening any chest is that you will be attacked by mummies. Other than drops from the enemies and the scroll itself, there shouldn't be anything for you to grab. The quest moves on as normal otherwise. If I also have the time, I want to see what's happening and troubleshoot it, assuming the game didn't fix itself as of this post. Before that happens, though, what level is your toon at?

Edited by Aegis

It almost looks like the game is glitched if you've done everything you could to fix the thing. The main thing about opening any chest is that you will be attacked by mummies. Other than drops from the enemies and the scroll itself, there shouldn't be anything for you to grab. The quest moves on as normal otherwise. If I also have the time, I want to see what's happening and troubleshoot it, assuming the game didn't fix itself as of this post. Before that happens, though, what level is your toon at?

No I was playing last night and I tried everything all the people said to do to try and fix it but nothing worked.... If by toon you mean character im at level 35. ill probably be playing today if you want to join up.

Level 35... When I get the chance, I will look at what toons I have that is still light campaign silver and work from there. Most of my characters now are at least gold.

Trevor: I have multiple characters within 10 levels of yours.

I'll try to catch you sometime today.

Sounds good I might be able to go on right now but ill be on today sometime

hey man sorry... I kinda got kicked off of the game (parents) but ill try to get on later today