Character creation in the AddOn

Do we have a page for this. And for the different regeneration systems?

Our 14 years old was throwing her dragon mage at level 65 away because she choose the wrong ca-regeneration system. She did the new one instead the classic.

When playing her new GustOfWind build she was running into something intresting or annoying, dependant who you are.

For her it was annoying:

A Combination with Maelstrom (3.4s) --- Destroyers (0.7sCD+ 3s) --- GoW (1s)

Another combination with just destroyers.

So what we had:

100% chance for half regeneration time

10% from combat discipline, so regeneration is just 40% of the normal time

You would exspect that the combination with just destroyers would recharge slower than the 3-CA one. But it isn't. You could do another destroyer one before the 3-ca recharged.

Tested again

A 3.4s Maelstrom in one slot and the destroyer combination in another. Doing the destroyers, they were recharged and the maelstrom had still a long way to got....

Could it be that half regeneration time just halves the aspect regeneration time in the new regeneration system? I always used the classic system so I have no experience.

But everyone with a character using the new system: could you try with other classes (the DM might be bugged with combinations) if it is same in your case?

This is one of the earliest thing you have to choose in a character and it seems to be really important for caster characters which system they choose.

• Like! 1

Do we have a page for this. And for the different regeneration systems?

Our 14 years old was throwing her dragon mage at level 65 away because she choose the wrong ca-regeneration system. She did the new one instead the classic.

When playing her new GustOfWind build she was running into something intresting or annoying, dependant who you are.

For her it was annoying:

A Combination with Maelstrom (3.4s) --- Destroyers (0.7sCD+ 3s) --- GoW (1s)

Another combination with just destroyers.

So what we had:

100% chance for half regeneration time

10% from combat discipline, so regeneration is just 40% of the normal time

You would exspect that the combination with just destroyers would recharge slower than the 3-CA one. But it isn't. You could do another destroyer one before the 3-ca recharged.

Tested again

A 3.4s Maelstrom in one slot and the destroyer combination in another. Doing the destroyers, they were recharged and the maelstrom had still a long way to got....

Could it be that half regeneration time just halves the aspect regeneration time in the new regeneration system? I always used the classic system so I have no experience.

But everyone with a character using the new system: could you try with other classes (the DM might be bugged with combinations) if it is same in your case?

This is one of the earliest thing you have to choose in a character and it seems to be really important for caster characters which system they choose.

That's strange. I don't know why 'chance to halve regeneration time' would only affect a single aspect. Although I almost always use Expert Touch, I never make use of that modifier.

But, why do you say Destroyers alone (3.7s) should recharge slower than the 3-CA combo (8.1s)?

Yeah, sorry I don't know why I added up the regen times of all the combat arts in the combo. Also I didn't realize your Destroyers was not in combo, I thought you said it was. So it looks like 'chance to halve regen' + Expert Touch isn't working for Dragon Mage combos then? I'll check around with my Dragon Mage and see what's up.

Edited by Flix