Our best looking Wiki Table ever ever? Heck yeah

With the new Sacred 2 Editor, tables aren't the nightmare of years past, they are the simple cook book of pressing a button and writing in teh info and pressing publish.

Yep, that easy.

Course, stuff on SacredWiki never seems to stay untouched without the hand of Schot coming along and adding that special flourish. Sacred 2 Abreviations seeded from this topic here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21395-list-of-abbrevations-for-sacred-2/

has become... dom dom dom dom ...

Sacred 2 Table of Abreviations

w82ro0.jpg

Ta Dah!

Now that's a table^^

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Looks nice - tho I can see a few items that need a fix..

Area of Effect - should read: ...affects MULTIPLE enemies in range.

There are two listings for TG - Temple Guardian

OS has a typo.. Only 2 U's in usually - not 3.

Looks nice - tho I can see a few items that need a fix..

Area of Effect - should read: ...affects MULTIPLE enemies in range.

There are two listings for TG - Temple Guardian

OS has a typo.. Only 2 U's in usually - not 3.

Got 'em.

ha!!! So so cool Flix! I love it. I'll have Schot see if he can look at your work to see if he can help out with the lengths, but you got this recipe down pat. This page was one of the worst things for a while, but over a few days, was finally able to pound info into it, and from there, the loooooooong work of making reference links to all the item mods in the game's uninques and rares pages. Seeing it finally hit table like this is the best coffee reading imagainable.

Good job!

:)

gogo

Thanks man! No need to ask Schot (unless you want to), I finally figured out how to adjust the width and heighth, after lots of reading on Mediawiki help pages (and messaging you about it in the middle of the night lol). So what you see right now is pretty much my "best shot" at getting it looking good - and I'm pretty satisfied!

So, next I'm going to see if I can flesh it out a bit more. Not just the main page, but some of the actual modifier pages themselves, many of which are kinda bare.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Sweet! Yeah the tables page was very satisfying, and there's so much amazing media wiki code out there up for grabs and free and wanting to be adopted :lol:

I remember someone had put up some pics for how detrimental effects looked, wanted to document the "glows" when specific things would happen to characters like what a "crit" hit would look like or a leech effect, or freeze effect, or...

wait, just woke up...

coffee!

:4rofl:

gogo

Beautiful tables, a few years ago that would have been an oxy-moron for certain, but I see now it's a reality.

Kudos for the good work fellas. =)

Yes! Code and ability of Wiki's has really gotten better, plus the expectations for these kinds of dbases. Wikipaedia runs teh world's wiki, it can certainly help with a little wiki like ours!

:4rofl:

gogo

Schot I saw your note on the History of the Modifiers page:

cellpadding is deprecated in HTML 5, updated css to suit. Should reduce Effect columns to one line descriptions and allow links to explain further.

I'm cool with not using cellpadding, but how did you create the same effect without using it? Is it just built into the table or something (don't understand css)? Just wondering in case I make some new table in the future (hopefully not LOL).

I'm also fine with reducing Effect descriptions to one line - question is, one line at 1280p width is a lot shorter than one line at 1920p width, so what should be the standard for making the descriptions one line long? Also, some of the Modifier names are so long that they take up two lines, so should the width be increased so that they're all one line as well?

No rush on this, just posing the question while I'm thinking about it. :) Probably won't be working on the page for a little while.

Alright I'll let you guys do your thing! When the dust settles I'll come back to it and take a look. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ya' know, it's funny...for the longest time I HATED those little X%'s... but now that they're gone...-sniff- poor little guys...-sniffle-...never stood a chance... :cry:

Nah, it actually looks so much more neat and clean now. :agreed:

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Looks nice and I hesitate to quibble but ...

Wouldn't AI be better defined as, "The logic which controls the behavior of monsters and NPCs."

• Like! 1

Alright I'll let you guys do your thing! When the dust settles I'll come back to it and take a look. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ya' know, it's funny...for the longest time I HATED those little X%'s... but now that they're gone...-sniff- poor little guys...-sniffle-...never stood a chance... :cry:

Nah, it actually looks so much more neat and clean now. :agreed:

lol, I think we're on the same page regarding the sympathy for those odd little black things... they were probably very useful in the day, but, as you noted, wiki tables are so much cleaner without 'em.

lol, dust settles...yeah we were all over that thang last night, but it's settled down now, at least from my end. I've reconciled table facing data with the pages, as best as possible, to fit the lower resolution of 1280 x 600 and was able to put everything on the one line. I think what I'll do is, because human nature is to naturally add to the table itself rather than the pages which are linked to it, Schot mentionned that I can have the Wiki set up a "watch" which will message me if anyone works on it (will only put this functionality on in a few weeks or so) so that we can check if last edit to it has exceeded one line. For now, it looks like all three of us are still on it, so will curtail using it till "dust settles" so to speak

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1

Heya, I used height instead. The concept is the same as how you used line-height. line-height is a bit unpredictable since it has more to do with font spacing than table row spacing. Though if you ever do want to make a table you could always draft something up on your user page and once it's worked out I could add it into our css file under a special class name. :)

Good question about the 1280 single lines. Well gogo has taken to the task so we'll see how that works out, haha. As for those really long modifier names, I've adjusted the width of the modifier column plus removed all those +X% and the like.

Cheers Flix!

Item Modifiers

Oh Schot, such a pro wiki expert...

show off!

:P

:whip:

gogo

Great job guys. It's like the page went to a weight loss camp - much siimmer now. Looks like you handled it by moving the extra text to the actual modifiers' pages, which is really where the details belong of course. One or two little textual oddities resulted but they're minor and I'll get them.