[REQ] Help for modifying Sets

Yoshio

Hey there,

as I’m back into this game lately I would love to modify it a bit to meet my likings! Actually I never ever was really satisfied with the look or maybe better said combination of the sets beside the “main” sets. Because of that I would like to swap/change those combinations and put them to me likings. But here my problem starts!

I have a general idea of how it will work for the three main aspect sets and for most of them very fine modifications are already available, so not much work needs to be done here on my side.

But for the other sets I don’t know how the game knows how they are put together or from where it should pick them. Has someone of you an idea how this does work out?

I had a look into the itemtype.txt as well as in the surface.txt but couldn’t really find anything which would have been of help for me.

Long story short, what I would like to do based on an example, I would like to change the Seraphim-Set “Illuminated Skies” as follows:

• The helmet is of “se_std-magic” and I would like to check if it is the “gold” version
  • The shoulders should be of “se_std-generic” (gold-version) and I also would like to check that
  • The torso or chest should be of “se_std-cloth” and this I would like to change now for the “se_std-generic (gold-version)”
  • The legs should also be of “se_std-cloth” and I would like to change them as well for the “se_std-generic (gold-version)”

So how does the game determine that it has to pick the named parts for this set and how can I change that, redirect that?

I hope it is understandable what I would like to do!?

Hi Yoshio

Long story short, what I would like to do based on an example, I would like to change the Seraphim-Set “Illuminated Skies” as follows:

• The helmet is of “se_std-magic” and I would like to check if it is the “gold” version
  • The shoulders should be of “se_std-generic” (gold-version) and I also would like to check that
  • The torso or chest should be of “se_std-cloth” and this I would like to change now for the “se_std-generic (gold-version)”
  • The legs should also be of “se_std-cloth” and I would like to change them as well for the “se_std-generic (gold-version)”
So how does the game determine that it has to pick the named parts for this set and how can I change that, redirect that?

I hope it is understandable what I would like to do!?

First off, the sets and set-parts, both are defined in blueprint.txt

So... let me note what you need to find and change

The helmet is:
  name = "miniset_se_himmel_helmet",

further down in that section you will find a line:
  itemtypes = {9067,},

this one is pointing to the item in itemtype.txt
you need to change this line's ID for the itemtype ID that you want
for example
  itemtypes = {10275,},

IMPORTANT NOTE: KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL BLUEPRINT.TXT

If you change just those codes you will be set and ready to roll.

Probably you would have to try a few times to get the colors right

but eventually you will manage just fine.

You can search blueprint.txt for the parts you are interested

by entering the following criteria: miniset_se_himmel_

1st match are the shoulders, 2nd is the torso (chest), 3rd the helmet .....

I hope this helps, if you have any questions or need any clarification, do not hesitate to ask

best regards

YES WE CAN

EDIT:

As you are re-starting, this method is the fastest and by far the most secure.
You only change a few (4) ID references this way.

Please note: 
  This will (probably) NOT affect any items already in your inventory
  In that case you would have to go out and farm the items again
  since only new items will be affected

If you absolutely have to change the appearance of those items you already have
let me know and I will post an alternative method

Edited by tom.morrow

Hey tom.morrow,

many thanks for your explanations! I will give it a try tonight when I'm back home from work.

I will report back here if I could achieve what I was looking for or if I would need some more help.

cheers,

Yoshio

Sounds good Yosh, give it a spin, I'm sure you'll love it.
You may want to read through THIS excelent tutorial by DB

It will guide you how to locate the color scheme you prefer
also THIS by PD67 and THIS by Wardust may be of interest

Have a blast modding to your heart's liking

best regards (and standing by) :)

The 'No dieing' sign is now on... Please plan accordingly...

• 4 months later...

Okay, it had been a while since I started this post but since then I made some progress, although "progress" might not be the right word here!?

Anyway, I did try what had been recommended but for whatever reason it seems that just changing the numbers which call up the single parts in the blueprint doesn't show any effect for me in the game.

I will attache a sample file for the Revelation of the Seraphim Set which should, according to my understanding, show up no in the black and red version. But, as I said, it doesn't. It is still the standard version.

If someone could have a look on it and tell me if I did something wrong, every help would be much appreciated!

blueprint - Revelation of the Seraphim - schwarz-rote Variante.txt

And one more question I do have which aroused from the above and in combinaiton with, that I do already use some mods and mod-compilations.

I got a bit confused by all the ID-numbers in the blueprint and had been afraid that through all the mods some of them might overwrite the ID-numbers of the original or other mod blueprints. Therefore I started with the original blueprint and sorted the ID-numbers from low to high - still working on that.

What I could find out now had been that some ID-numbers are findable in the blueprint more than just one time. Does this cause any problems? Or what am I missing here?

As soon as I have finished my work of reordering the ID-numbers, I will up-load the so sorted blueprint file.

Hey, Tom said this and I think it applies here:

"This will (probably) NOT affect any items already in your inventory
In that case you would have to go out and farm the items again
since only new items will be affected"

If you changed the itemtype number for the blueprint as instructed, you won't see the change until a new copy of the item drops. Old ones that are in your inventory won't be changed.

Ah, okay, I had hoped that it might be different as other graphical mods I do use - does done by Prinz v. H. or LT - do also change the stuff you already have in your inventory. But I guess this is affected by, that they also change the according files in the path the game is looking into to get the graphical apperance of items.

Cheers Flix for pointing this out and making it clear for me!

As for my other post with the double ID numbers. I have to clearify it a bit, the double ID numbers do only happen/show up between "normal" blueprint entries and Set blueprint entries. But I still don't know if this might cause a problem or not!?

If you mean itemtype numbers being used for many different item blueprints, that's perfectly normal. A single itemtype (for example, a sword) can be used for a random junk item, a random magic item, a unique, a set item, etc. all at the same time. This is why some unique items don't look unique (sometimes they match random items or even other uniques).

There are also several lists within blueprint.txt: a list for items, 2 lists for bonuses, and a list for sets. Entries in different lists can have the same ID's, also keep in mind that the set blueprints will include the item blueprint ID's because that tells the game that the items are part of the set.

• Like! 1