Ranged Dark Elf?

Ok I know it sounds a bit off, but, I was lookin at the dark elf sets on the pevils place website and I noticed a DE set that gives a huge bonus to ranged combat, (72 points) it sounded like a cool idea to try so I went hunting, went to the sacred wiki to see when the DE can pick the ranged weapon lore and to my surprise its not listed as a skill that the DE can pick! Now I know that having an item or set items that give bonuses to a skill u don't have do absolutely nothing, (ie, u can't fortify a skill if u don't have it) so my question is pretty much what the hell:) Why have a set that boosts ranged combat if it can't be picked as a skill. The idea of makin a DE ranged sounded kinda cool when u think about the DE PAK skills and soul catcher, basically a permanent ranged life leecher whether it be from deflection or his own bow. But without the ability to take a ranged lore why have a set that not only boosts it up but boosts it ridiculously high:) Am I missing something here? Or is the wiki out of date and the DE can pick the ranged skill now or something:)

• Like! 1

XD

You know you can edit your post for quite some time after you post, no need to double or tripple post

EDIT: stricken was wrong info

Anyway... ON TOPIC: there is a unofficial sacred uw patch, patching the game to ver 2.29

IIRC with that patch you can "choose" your first 2 skills, they are not pre-chosen.

Now, I'm not saying that this will enable the DE to get ranged combat,

TBH IDK if it does or not allow you to choose ranged combat, but it may be worth a go.

Read THIS thread and have a blast.

best regards

Drawing beards onto your photographs...

Edited by tom.morrow

All you have to do be able to choose your own starting skills is just edit a config file.

Dark Elf can't choose Ranged Combat as a skill. But J'Dahn'Nielo's Mastery grants him the skill I believe, like many other sets in S1 grant an ultimate ability or form when they're complete. I'm not sure though, I can rarely complete sets in S1 with no shared stash.

• Like! 1

Lol I have no idea why all my :) In that post turned into smileys

lol, we inherited a pretty aggressive word program with this site

I think it can also do auto replacements of CA's into pic/links to the Wiki to create better reference guides for the contributors here

I'll have to look at the word file one day, I think it was worked on years ago, I know there's been a lot of Holy Hannahs! showing up in posts lately

:lol:

gogo