Did Deep Silver update Sacred Gold & Sacred Gold 2?

After Deep Silver purchased Sacred Gold & Sacred Gold 2 Fallen Angel did they change the servers to their own or are they still on the same servers.

I have never been able to get Sacred Gold 2 Fallen Angel to work on the old servers after a few days of playing. I actually bought two (2) games so my husband and I could play at the same time.

I am able to play Sacred Gold 2 Blood and Ice but not the regular game on the server. I have several characters that I cannot play on the either of my two Original Sacred Gold 2 Gold Edition games.

In addition, I have the original Sacred Gold and Underworld from 2006 but it will not run on a 64-bit processor, it will only run on a 32-bit processor and I do not have access to one, my old one is long gone.

These are the specs for my HP Pavilion p7-1241 PC:

2nd Gen AMD Quad-Core A10-5700 processor, (which is a 64-bit processor)

10GM DDR3 system memory

AMD Radeon HD 7660D Graphics

2 terabyte hard drive

Super-Muli DVD burner

Integrated Bluetooth and Wireless LAN 803.11b/g/n

Beats Audio Studio Quality Sound

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium

Are there upgrades to these two games to make them work for me again?

Thank you so much for all you help and guidance!

GangsterGirl

They took down the dedicated closed servers for Sacred 2 about two years ago, and that's most likely why you are unable to play multiplayer. You can still play over LAN or hamachi, and there are a few guides around here on the forum as well for how to set those up :)

Edited by Ryanrocker

Sacred and underworld were never patched for the 64 bit systems. The servers had already been shut down in anticipation of sacred 2: fallen angel.

Fallen angel and ice&blood work in the 64 bit but I believe there are some issues for some people with win 7 & 8. Xp 64 ran perfect for me. With your size hard drive you should fo whst I did n just partition your system for a second 32 bit OS. I use it for all my old games that aren't 64 bit compatible.

Neither game has supported servers anymore. You need to get a 3rd party Lan program like tunngle in order to use the games' Lan feature which allows you to use your local single-player toons for local group play. (Local meaning your system serves as server, not local as on home network only).

You can play international and such using tunngle or steam or which ever program u download. By the way they're both free downloads.

For the (good) old Sacred:

Go to your Sacred installation folder.

Make the game run in compatibility mode and as administrator (rightclick on the .exe file to edit this)

AND open your settings.cfg file to set FULLSCREEN to 0 instead of 1, you can just replace the 0 and save.

This fixed it for me :)

• Like! 1