Looking for a little advice (class/build)

I played Sacred 2, then later restarted with Sacred 2 Gold, and have now returned after a bit of a break from the game. I have tried several builds/classes before, but not taken many far. I could use a little advice on what I perhaps should try out this time around. In other games, I typically like ranged or hybrid builds (archers and spellswords mostly). I was a Rogue in Diablo; Amazon or Sorceress most of the time in Diablo II. I am also a very defensive player, avoiding high-risk/high-reward or glass canon builds.

* Dragon Mage: Never made one. On paper (well, the wiki :P ) the class does not sound very interesting to me, compared to the other six. The combat arts sound to be either buggy or just plain boring.

* Dryad: I enjoyed this one in the past and have started a new one. Ranged combat, Hunter/Nature. I love bows in this game and found blowpipes to be fun too. Goldenglade Touch is right up my alley and (in the long-run) I expect Tangled Vine to work well for me too. Currently stuck (have another thread on this issue).

* High Elf: Tried both fire and ice. Did not enjoy fire at all (just not my play-style). Ice suits me better (especially Crystal Skin), but it is getting a little dull. I am just past Gar'Colossus. 99% of the time I just spam Glacial Shards; sometimes I also use Expulse Magic (though never sure whether or not it is doing anything). Not a boring class, but the lack of attack variety is a little tiresome. At present, Raging Nimbus is unimpressive (wears off too quickly to benefit much from the slow effect) and Frost Flare seems worse than Glacial Shards in all situations.

* Inquisitor: Never played one of these for long; I made a few attempts, but always found it too hard. Weak AND squishy is not a fun combination. I keep trying to make this class work, because I have never played the Shadow Path past the Elven lands, but cannot seem to find a way to get it to click for me. The combat arts sound fun, but in practice it seems like the class has a steep curve to get over before you can start having fun.

* Seraphim: Standard dual-wield Warrior/Magic build; only build I have taken into Gold before. I kept this one and am slowly continuing where I left off. Excellent class to learn the game with! My main combination is Radiant Pillar/Pelting Strikes while Hallowed Restoration provides the safety net I like to have. I have considered making a BFG seraphim, because people rave about the build, but it sounds kind of one-dimentional, which would bore me.

* Shadow Warrior: Never liked pets/minions, so I have a pure melee build. Also just past Gar'Colossus and exceedingly bored. Click... wait... wait... Frenzied Rampage animation is still going... OK, everything is dead and I took no damage. I cannot believe how little I interact with this class and how low risk it is. Just not my kind of fun.

* Temple Guardian: I love the concept of this class, but it is sooo darn hard. I have never even got one to lvl15! I cannot even imagine how someone persists with this class long enough to bring the parts together. On paper it sounds amazing, and the various builds I have read all sound a lot of fun, but my past attempts have been like pulling teeth.

I am happy with my Seraphim and was happy with the Dryad before I got stuck. Is there anything I can do to inject some life into the High Elf and/or Shadow Warrior, or does it sound like they are not classes for me? Is there any way I could make the Inquisitor and/or Temple Guardian work for me, or are they completely out of the question? Am I misjudging the Dragon Mage completely and it would actually suit me to a T?