Can't install retail Sacred 2

I have been trying to install Sacred 2 ( in win 10) for several days trying everything I can think of and it never even made it to a full install it just freezes on the installShield wizard box(progress bar never moves). My system is way beyond the required specs and have plenty of room on a 1tet HD. I have tried in comptability mode, administrator and need some help.

Edited by dollhobbs

I had a similar problem with my retail version. When it was time to insert disk 2 it never recognized that I put the disk in. I never solved the problem sadly. I eventually had to just resort to digital versions.

• Like! 1

Hi, were you able to install other games on your win10? have you installed all libraries/drivers to run games properly?

if you problem is only the installation process you can simply install the game onto a win7 or pc in which worked fine, then copy the whole game folder with an usb and paste back to your win10, I do this instead of installing everything again everytime I reset my HD

• Like! 1

Ok so I copied disk 1 to HD then opened disk 2 and copied contents to their respective folders of disk 1. I then started install and it started right up and finished install to where it gives option to start game however now I need to figure out why it won't start.

• Like! 1

I think thats not the correct way to install a game, installer script may do something else than just extracting the files into a folder, you should install properly the game in an older win version or pc, then simply copy the Sacred 2 Gold Edition folder to your Win10 desktop, sacred2.exe is inside system dir

You can also run the game under windows compatibility mode on Properties

I forgot to say that in order to run this game you need at least Visual C++ 2008/2011/2013 (I dont remember the version) and DirectX 9 or higher

Ok so I copied disk 1 to HD then opened disk 2 and copied contents to their respective folders of disk 1. I then started install and it started right up and finished install to where it gives option to start game however now I need to figure out why it won't start.

Strangely enough this seems to be confirmed to work. This would have helped my problem too if I had tried it before switching to GOG.