Sacred 2 Screen Resolution

Hey all. So I just got a 4k TV, and I'm trying to play Sacred 2. So far, it's awesome. But when I go into graphics settings, the list of resolutions pops down, and it's like options past 2560 x 1440 just scroll off the screen and I can't get my mouse to them. So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to set the resolution higher.

Is resolution configurable options.txt? Near the very bottom it has both width and height resolution numbers listed, could try changing that..

Yep! Thanks! So many interesting things in that file! Must dig sometime.

• Like! 1
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, SpurnOfHumanity said:

I'm on Windows 10. Where is the Options.txt file located?

53 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Look in: Local Disk (C:)/Users/"Your User Account"/AppData/Local/Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2

For changes to be saved you will need a duplicate of options.txt including the changes you made named OptionsCustom.txt. Afterward, be sure that the OptionsCustom.txt file is tick-marked as "read only."

At the end of the options file you will see where to change the resolution:

video = {
    detail_env = 33,
    detail_fx = 2,
    detail_gfx = 3,
    detail_grass = 1500,
    detail_grnd = 4,
    detail_light = 33,
    detail_physx = 1,
    detail_shd = 4,
    detail_tex = 3,
    fsaa = 3,
    fullscreen = 1,
    gamma = 19,
    hardware_mouse = 1,

height = 2160,
    quality = 5,
    scaleUI = 1,
    simplepointlight = 0,
    vsync = 1,
    weather = 1,

width = 3840,
}
end
-- eof

Thanks Hooyaah...and welcome to DarkMatters, Spurn!

:)

gogo

2 hours ago, SpurnOfHumanity said:

I'm on Windows 10. Where is the Options.txt file located?

Please let us know if you still have any questions or if we may assist in further enhancing your gaming experience. Welcome to DarkMatters, our friendly forum. :crigon_04:

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 years later...

Dear Master Hooyaah,

I have been concerned by the same issue of Bezlonir since I migrated on win10 OS this week-end (yes, I'm an old antiquarian survival and relics collector :l_diver: )

After having adapted the code you have provided in the concerned files and set the OptionsCustom.txt file as "read only.", game worked fine with the wanted settings.

However, the first character is denied due to a missing server connection. Impossible to launch the game with, whereas the 2 others are running without any issue, and although I am launching a single player game. cf SS attached.

I translate here the error message : Lost connection (10)

Check your internet connection. The server may not be available. If the issue continues, contact our support. For furthermore details on how to contact us, please read the manual.

I opened the character editor and saved again the heroes.01.sacred.save, I moved it away, launched the game without it, (the 2 others heroes are still running well) then sent back home to test again, the issue remains.

Do you have any idea about what is causing the problem, and how to troubleshoot it ? :Laie_34:

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards,

files optionsoptionsCustom.png

filessave.png

S2issue1stperso (Copier).png

• Like! 1

Thanks Master Hooyaah,

Your troubleshooting steps were helpful, though incomplete regarding my case. The file hero01.sacred2.stats.bak didn't generate, only the hero01.sacred2save.bak was present.

Indeed, as alone it didn't work, I eventually redid the historic full path leading to this issue, the character editor yes, and the famous JSGME!

I removed all the mods and implemented them back, and hooyaah! Heu... I mean hooraah! :JC_hurrah:

My dear 1st heroine came back as a playable character thanks to her inseparable MODS :drool: bearing your signature (2020 :wink:)

Once more, love power is great even into the IT :wub: :whip:

Thanks for your warm welcome gogo, I've been traveling in and out for a long while, but eventually not so far.

Probably because antiquarians are nostalgic.

:resp:

• Appreciation 1
21 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Thanks Master Hooyaah,

Your troubleshooting steps were helpful, though incomplete regarding my case. The file hero01.sacred2.stats.bak didn't generate, only the hero01.sacred2save.bak was present.

Indeed, as alone it didn't work, I eventually redid the historic full path leading to this issue, the character editor yes, and the famous JSGME!

I removed all the mods and implemented them back, and hooyaah! Heu... I mean hooraah! :JC_hurrah:

My dear 1st heroine came back as a playable character thanks to her inseparable MODS :drool: bearing your signature (2020 :wink:)

Thanks for your warm welcome gogo, I've been traveling in and out for a long while, but eventually not so far.

Welcome, you are.

<(=.=)>

Yes, your assessment is veritable. Also, antiquarians are often paleontologists, archaeologists, and numismatists. Special rarities such as Sacred 2 are priceless treasures, indeed. Knowledge of such a sort as this must be passed on, lest it be lost to time. After all, "This world is Sacred." :angel:

• Appreciation 1
39 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Bravo and good seeing you back Jayce, we're always open for poutine, beer clinks and punny jokes

And that folks... is a cut!

:JC_hurrah:

gogo

• Appreciation 1