How to Beat the Succubus?

Just encountered the Succubus from the Dark Rituals quest line. Holy jumpin' Jesus! I'm using the Shadow Warrior, and am getting my head handed to me every time. I can kill the three lesser demons that accompany her, but can't make a dent in the Succubus herself. I can knock off a small chunk of health, before she summons three more of her pals and heals any damage I was able to inflict.

The Sacred wiki says she has no weaknesses. Any suggestions on how to kill this thing?

Edited by CapnTucker
1 hour ago, CapnTucker said:

Just encountered the Succubus from the Dark Rituals quest line. Holy jumpin' Jesus! I'm using the Shadow Warrior, and am getting my head handed to me every time. I can kill the three lesser demons that accompany her, but can't make a dent in the Succubus herself. I can knock off a small chunk of health, before she summons three more of her pals and heals any damage I was able to inflict.

The Sacred wiki says she has no weaknesses. Any suggestions on how to kill this thing?

wow

yer right... no weaknesses

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Succubus

... is this a mistake or she's really that powerful?!

Any leech weps or abilities you have for a quicker take down?

Battles notes on Wiki pretty much states she's tough as nails:

Battle Notes:

Succubus has a high damage value and a significant amount of Life Leech.

Succubus' regeneration is relatively fast compared to other enemies.

:)

gogo

Yep, she's really that powerful. My warrior is level 27, and is using Dwendorik's Vanquisher, a 2H sword that does 144 damage, and a level 16 combo of Demonic Blow/Scything Sweep. 

That usually makes hash out of most anything I encounter, but the Succubus just laughs it off.  I'm hoping someone knows how to kill the biatch. I could always tinker with balance.txt, and set enemy armor to zero for this one battle, but I'd rather beat her without cheating..

Scything Sweep isn't awesome against a single opponent, you could try Frenzied Rampage as a multi-hit CA but I don't know if you're using anything from the Malevolent Champion tree. Thing is the SW doesn't have debuffs so all you can do is temporarily buff your own toon. Rousing Command, Killing Spree and Augmentation Guidon are your best friends in boss fights like this one. Then you need to be able to cause really high DPS, otherwise you're screwed. It's like trying to battle the Forest Guardian boss in the Dryad's Island without being able to cause enough DPS, he'll just heal up and call it a day.

The Succubus is really hard so you might want to grab all the life leech modifiers you can get as to cause extra damage while keeping yourself alive. The best thing against bosses like these are %LL weapons though, no getting around that. If you have the Bargaining skill you should be able to purchase some double-handed swords with that modifier, otherwise you'll have to depend on luck on the roll of the dice.

41 minutes ago, CapnTucker said:

Yep, she's really that powerful. My warrior is level 27, and is using Dwendorik's Vanquisher, a 2H sword that does 144 damage, and a level 16 combo of Demonic Blow/Scything Sweep. 

That usually makes hash out of most anything I encounter, but the Succubus just laughs it off.  I'm hoping someone knows how to kill the biatch. I could always tinker with balance.txt, and set enemy armor to zero for this one battle, but I'd rather beat her without cheating..

I remember playing a no Combat Art  Shadow Warrior (horse build)  for a while... left click only cept when id have to get off the horse and attack on foo against bosses in cavest...I remember being very surprised with the utility and power of Augmenting guidon... kind of fun to time and use right before battle, really made a difference... I remember being able to pretty much knock out most bosses...but off hand dont remember going after the succubus

:superman:

gogo

Does the Succubus scale to your own level? I just noticed that the one pictured on the Wiki is level 54. If the one I encountered was that level, then I was in way over my head, and I don't feel so bad. 

If it was the same level as me, then it's back to the drawing board. I haven't really paid much attention to using anything other than Demonic Blow and/or Scything sweep; that combo has gotten me by until now. I don't have the bargaining skill (have been too focused on combat skills I guess). Maybe I should look into dual wield. My Dryad has been doing very well with that (she took out Shelob) when bows and blow pipes don't work..

Every enemy scales up considering how high the difficulty level and your Survival bonus are, but at level 27 I don't believe the boss could've been more than level 30 or so. Take into consideration that at level 27 your skills are still undeveloped, so imagine that if you'd get to that boss by level 50-60 you'd be much better prepared. The more you level up the more your skills matter and the more points you can put into them, so the more powerful you can become.

But yeah, the Malevolent Champion tree is kind of awesome, and considering that Tactics Lore bumps both it and the Death Warrior tree you can easily develop both.

Augmentation Guidon is a very very underrated CA! ;)

Just now, Androdion said:

Augmentation Guidon is a very very underrated CA! ;)

Yes...agreed!

AG was one of those great surprise surprises that just comes out of nowhere to "equalize" the field

I fell in love with how bosses would just seem to melt away against a flurry of left hand clicks from my spear

It's a pretty dramatic animation as well... cool 'device' to work with... it's great how you have to trade out its almost OP goodness with its stationary plant

gogo

And it works great with Nether Allegiance as well, although if you're using Reflective Emanation with the Idol mod then it becomes kind of superfluous since the skellies pretty much can't die! :D

But for filling the gaps AG is great indeed, and depending on the chosen skill set I'd say it's worth being the third in row for modification, even before Killing Spree. It just depends on how you roll.

Yeah, my SW is still pretty undeveloped. Much of the game is still new to me. When I played Sacred 2 back in my Vista days, the game instability was so frustrating I just suffered through long enough to finish the main quest a couple of times, and then shelved the game. Now that it no longer crashes on me, I am just wandering around exploring every nook and cranny.  Haven't done much with the combat arts, I usually just focus on one power attack and stick with that. But I've hit a brick wall going that route; time to start exploring other options..

8 minutes ago, Androdion said:

And it works great with Nether Allegiance as well, although if you're using Reflective Emanation with the Idol mod then it becomes kind of superfluous since the skellies pretty much can't die! :D

But for filling the gaps AG is great indeed, and depending on the chosen skill set I'd say it's worth being the third in row for modification, even before Killing Spree. It just depends on how you roll.

I have Nether Allegiance maxed out, but haven't tried the Emanation. Even with all 4 skellies and me hacking away, the Succubus did not give a sh1t. Definitely have got to try some other strategies..

is all the equipment you're wearing rares or sets? I think there are quests in the game that at even low level are almost guaranteed to drop a set piece?

I think I remember Schot always creating a toon with a low level super trading suit... by purchasing items with only bargaining on them you can make a toon that can force a trade to only show yellow items at low levels... quite fun

gogo

1 minute ago, Veracious said:

At this point you're probably better off regaining your survival bonus too. Is the quest necessary for your progress right now? 

True this...I'd forgotten about the survival bonus.  Integral and very very powerful.  possible to leave the toon somewhere in "range"  of a bad guy and leave the game on overnight?

Not saying that that's how anyone I knew did it

:crazy:

gogo

• Haha 1

Went back for Round 2 with the Succubus. This time with Reflective Emanation and Augmented Guidon. And not even any skeleton assist. Knocked her health down to zero, and she then disappeared. I thought I had killed her, but the quest log said she ran away (!). So the quest continues. Interesting..

Edited by CapnTucker
34 minutes ago, CapnTucker said:

Went back for Round 2 with the Succubus. This time with Reflective Emanation and Augmented Guidon. And not even any skeleton assist. Knocked her health down to zero, and she then disappeared. I thought I had killed her, but the quest log said she ran away (!). So the quest continues. Interesting..

lol noooooooooooo.... ran away? Ive never even heard of this.. or does it continue?  Cool thing is how you almost did her in before the Deus Ex Machina interved 

:lol: 

gogo

1 hour ago, CapnTucker said:

Yep, some buffs/debuffs really make a big difference!

The quest goes on, you should keep going after it. ;)

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, Androdion said:

Yep, some buffs/debuffs really make a big difference!

The quest goes on, you should keep going after it. ;)

Oh I am definitely continuing the quest. First time I've seen a big boss run away; that's a new one. Right now I'm busy tracking down the magical ingredients a mage tells me I'm going to need for the final confrontation..

EDIT: Wow is this one long, convoluted quest! I keep getting sent from one place to another, and it is also intertwined with the Main Quest. Currently wandering around lost underneath the Dragon Isles. Having fun though.. :)

Edited by CapnTucker
11 hours ago, CapnTucker said:

Oh I am definitely continuing the quest. First time I've seen a big boss run away; that's a new one. Right now I'm busy tracking down the magical ingredients a mage tells me I'm going to need for the final confrontation..

EDIT: Wow is this one long, convoluted quest! I keep getting sent from one place to another, and it is also intertwined with the Main Quest. Currently wandering around lost underneath the Dragon Isles. Having fun though.. :)

heh

andl aso have a great time reading your journeys left right an center to get to the Big B! :viking: 

:knight: 

gogo