Player character freezing/can't attack

After a while playing the game the player character(dryad) will freeze in the spot, no movement/attacks/combat arts will work. God powers and teleport still work but don't unfreeze the character. Exiting to main menu/game and re-entering SP/MP will unfreeze the character, frustrating though due to lost progress(saving the game doesn't always save your current position).

Windows 10 64bit set game client/server to compatibility mode windows xp sp3/7 etc makes no difference

Sacred 2 Gold Steam

CM Patch 1.6(chose EN UK not sure if it makes a difference)

Elite Texture pack trimmed (also tried without makes no difference)

Added -skipopenal -nocpubinding to target path

Running game as admin

Game client/server allowed through firewall

Restarted PC

Closed all apps(except steam) and disabled AV

Set LargeAddressAware flag in client/server executable (though the game is only using 400-500MB in taskmanager)

Verified game integrity

Disabled steam overlay in game

• Like! 1

It appears that the game is installed correctly, however, I'm at a loss as to what causes that issue to happen with any sort of regularity. Occasionally, although rarely, I encounter the same issue. To my recollection, in all the cases in which I have experienced this, the character is, infrequently, frozen in place when the game starts and the only way to escape is by executing the "Ctrl/Alt/Del" command and then by logging out and logging back in. Interestingly, I do not recall having experienced this issue before the CM 160 Patch.

If this issue happens often during game play, you may want to try completely uninstalling the game and its files/folders (you may retain the chest and character save files if you wish) and then reinstalling from scratch. Quick-saving regularly so as to retain your characters progress to a particular point is another option, yet not a true solution. Perhaps someone else will have discovered a work through of this bug and post a fix of some sort.

• Thanks! 1
On 2/3/2019 at 2:06 AM, Zer00001 said:

saving the game doesn't always save your current position

It actually depends if you play Single or Multiplayer I think.

This character freeze never happened to me yet with CM Patch 0160 but I think it's recalling me of someone reporting this bug in the CM thread, with the Dryad justly. Don't know for a workaround.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:06 PM, Zer00001 said:

After a while playing the game the player character(dryad) will freeze in the spot, no movement/attacks/combat arts will work. God powers and teleport still work but don't unfreeze the character. Exiting to main menu/game and re-entering SP/MP will unfreeze the character, frustrating though due to lost progress(saving the game doesn't always save your current position).

Windows 10 64bit set game client/server to compatibility mode windows xp sp3/7 etc makes no difference

Sacred 2 Gold Steam

CM Patch 1.6(chose EN UK not sure if it makes a difference)

Elite Texture pack trimmed (also tried without makes no difference)

Added -skipopenal -nocpubinding to target path

Running game as admin

Game client/server allowed through firewall

Restarted PC

Closed all apps(except steam) and disabled AV

Set LargeAddressAware flag in client/server executable (though the game is only using 400-500MB in taskmanager)

Verified game integrity

Disabled steam overlay in game

Hello  Zer00001

Happy to see that you're having fun with this classic, and delighted to see that you've met up with Hooyaah and Desm who've posted some help and hoping that you'll be able to get through the freezing... I know how frustrating this game can be, and more than once I've often wanted to sail it out the window :viking:

I'm happy to read that you've made it over here to our little community on the far far side of the universe, and wishing to welcome you to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo