Can I make this work?

Me and my brother used to play Sacred 2 on Xbox 360 ten years ago and we want to play it again now. The problem is we don't have our consoles anymore and reading the discussions on steam makes me think it might not be possible. Is there anything that would hinder us from being able to run the game on windows 7 PCs?

Also does the ingame co-op still work on PC? Reading over the steam forums it seems like it doesn't work at all. We live separately and we can use a third party program to play LAN if it doesn't.

You can make the game run on Windows 7 without any issues, I have Win 7 x64 and it works just fine. Most issues arise with Win 10 users, though even then there are many users here able to run the game on that OS.

As for the LAN co-op you can totally use it if you can find a third-party program that works well with the game. People used Hamachi but I've read reports of it malfunctioning, then Tungle but the app was discontinued, now I don't know what people use. There have been a few topics here about it but I don't think that a definitive conclusion has been reached about it.

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

You can make the game run on Windows 7 without any issues, I have Win 7 x64 and it works just fine. Most issues arise with Win 10 users, though even then there are many users here able to run the game on that OS.

As for the LAN co-op you can totally use it if you can find a third-party program that works well with the game. People used Hamachi but I've read reports of it malfunctioning, then Tungle but the app was discontinued, now I don't know what people use. There have been a few topics here about it but I don't think that a definitive conclusion has been reached about it.

Awesome Androdion, thanks for helping :gogo:

6 hours ago, bigdonny said:

Me and my brother used to play Sacred 2 on Xbox 360 ten years ago and we want to play it again now. The problem is we don't have our consoles anymore and reading the discussions on steam makes me think it might not be possible. Is there anything that would hinder us from being able to run the game on windows 7 PCs?

Also does the ingame co-op still work on PC? Reading over the steam forums it seems like it doesn't work at all. We live separately and we can use a third party program to play LAN if it doesn't.

And a big welcome to you, bigdonny.  Hoping you're enjoying the game, and get to see as much out of it as the fun we've had with it for years.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo