Sacred 2 couch co op?

Hello, I really like playing Sacred 2, I read it on other site, but there was just small informatio about it, someone just mention this. Is it true you can play sacred 2 couch co op on pc? Is there any way? 

• Like! 1

Welcome aboard!

I'd say that couch coop on PC is impossible. I can't imagine how that would work,  and I've never even heard the question asked before now. Sorry

• Thanks! 1
22 hours ago, Semi27 said:

Hello, I really like playing Sacred 2, I read it on other site, but there was just small informatio about it, someone just mention this. Is it true you can play sacred 2 couch co op on pc? Is there any way? 

12 hours ago, lujate said:

Welcome aboard!

I'd say that couch coop on PC is impossible. I can't imagine how that would work,  and I've never even heard the question asked before now. Sorry

Welcome to DarkMatters Semi27.. you’ve just spoken to our resident expert on sacred console gaming ... sorry if this isn’t possible ... I do know that some lan possibilities are Available with pc though 

Enjoy the game!

🤠

gogo

22 hours ago, Semi27 said:

12 hours ago, lujate said:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to DarkMatters Semi27.. you’ve just spoken to our resident expert on sacred console gaming ... sorry if this isn’t possible ... I do know that some lan possibilities are Available with pc though 

Enjoy the game!

🤠

gogo

It is possible if you have two PCs running a copy of Sacred 2, each with their own HDMI/DisplayPort output to a tv and you play a LAN game (I do this with my wife on weekends). We have two network-capable 32" Samsung tvs we got just for the purpose of "couch gaming" in games that were not designed for split-screen co-op or have otherwise had everything but LAN matches get shut down for various reasons.

Be warned, we also had to use wireless keyboards and mice because I can't get Sacred 2 Gold to work with any of my Xbox controllers, even with remapping software.

• Respect! 1
20 hours ago, thejynxed said:

It is possible if you have two PCs running a copy of Sacred 2, each with their own HDMI/DisplayPort output to a tv and you play a LAN game (I do this with my wife on weekends). We have two network-capable 32" Samsung tvs we got just for the purpose of "couch gaming" in games that were not designed for split-screen co-op or have otherwise had everything but LAN matches get shut down for various reasons.

Be warned, we also had to use wireless keyboards and mice because I can't get Sacred 2 Gold to work with any of my Xbox controllers, even with remapping software.

I tried a Steam controller,  but the thumb stick was too weird. With a controller you expect to move up/down/left/right.  With the Steam controller I got move up, pan camera left/ right,  and walk backwards. That's just plain wrong.

7 hours ago, Androdion said:

Two input machines running the same copy of the game? Wow, nice!

I think he means a separate copy of the game per PC. You can run two instances of Sacred 2 on one PC, but I don't know how you'd accomplish the user inputs (keyboard and mouse). There might be some 3rd party tool for that.

9 hours ago, lujate said:

I think he means a separate copy of the game per PC. You can run two instances of Sacred 2 on one PC, but I don't know how you'd accomplish the user inputs (keyboard and mouse). There might be some 3rd party tool for that.

You wouldn't, what you'd do is use any of the various botting/macro programs out there to essentially script the actions of the character in the 2nd game instance running. Most common would be a "follow" script and a script to spawn Q to to loot items and gold. Getting it to follow you using teleporters, etc would be more trouble than it's worth I believe because this is not like at all like WoW with exposed APIs for this purpose.

2 hours ago, thejynxed said:

You wouldn't, what you'd do is use any of the various botting/macro programs out there to essentially script the actions of the character in the 2nd game instance running. Most common would be a "follow" script and a script to spawn Q to to loot items and gold. Getting it to follow you using teleporters, etc would be more trouble than it's worth I believe because this is not like at all like WoW with exposed APIs for this purpose.

True, but a bot wouldn't help two people actually play together.

1 hour ago, lujate said:

True, but a bot wouldn't help two people actually play together.

Well, you could use a third or fourth "character" as a loot/potion/buff mule for the two main players, in that way it might be very helpful. It would also boost the XP in a 4-player game if it was two real players each with a buff/loot bot following them around.