I have just flown back into Melbourne from Tasmania, where I went for three days to visit my daughter, Indigo. I haven't seen Indi for eight months so it was quite a bittersweet visit. She was gorgeous! She showed me all the places she hangs out and introduced me to some of her friends.

We spent 2 nights in a backpackers in Hobart and then the third night we stayed at her house (which was a little weird with my Ex and his wife being there, but I survived ;) )

Indi has grown up so much in 8 months - she is confident, energetic, funny and NEVER stops talking (don't know where she got that from *wry grin*). It was really amazing to see her.

Hobart is a bizarre city, it's like something from the Twilight Zone. The alternative subculture is huge - Hippies everywhere :D

I could see myself retiring there, but I have too much love for big cities right now!

It actually reminded me of some parts Canada. Same beautiful scenery and cool weather.

Indi lives in the most gorgeous little house. It is 150 years old and tiny. My ex who is over 6 ft has to bend down to get thru the doors. The road (Arthur's Circus) that the house is on is one of the oldest in Australia and it really has a historical feel to it - the cars parked on the roadside look so out of place!

At a bakery around the corner from Indi's house we ran into one of my fave bands (The Whitlams) as they were chowing down on some pastries from the well known shop. We chatted to them and the lead singer :wub: asked Indi if she knew who they were. She said, "No, but my mum loves you!" :) We got the obligatory autographs and when they left, Indi said to me, "Who were they?". I told her the title of one of their songs and she sang it for the rest of the day :D

So yes, all in all a great trip to see my daughter and only 2 months til she is back with me. Eeek! 2 months to make a safe home for my girl to come back to! I am buzzing! I could say so much more about the trip, but we'll be here all day, so I guess I'll just post some pics...

Battery Point

Tasmania from the plane

My Girl

The second busiest street in Hobart :whistle:

Thanks so much for sharing your trip Arianna..WOW.. Indi is Beautiful :) (Just like her Mum!)

Now now Coops, regardless of how beautiful she is you cant have her.. As her uncle I must protect her from cyber preditors like you :whistle:

wow Ari!! She is growing into quite the lovely lady ( yup just like her Mom I agree Coopsy)

It must have been the best visit ever! Hope you passed on our hugs to her :)

Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

Massive hugs for you Ari!

Guest gogoblender

What an amazing trip it sounds like you had Ariana. You know, family for me has always been one of my most important concerns in life. And spending as much time as I can with my nephews and cousins has always been some of the best memories I've ever had. I can only imagine the feeling you had when you first hugged your daughter after so long and saw the wonderful young lady she is becoming! And all those great conversations you must have had, her curiosity, her interest...good for you!.

This sounds like a really wonderful vacation and your description of this hippy town is an astonishing dicovery. lol, wish we had some of those over here. A beautiful daughter you have darlin. Thanks so much for sharing, and there's always room here for more pics and great stories. Family first I always say. Seems like you're really getting the most that you can.

Cheers and here's to more great time spent with your little one!

:sick:

gogo

p.s. man...I can never get how different the Australian country side is from the place we have here. Have I said again how much I love being able to connect with all of you aussies here? Stuff like this really bridges the distance and always makes this world a lot nicer.

Thank you

Great Story Sis :D

Missing you like crazy but so glad you are doing well and you finally got to see Indi :D

She is looking absolutely stunning as always - wonder where she got that from.... :BlobRed:

Cant wait to see both of you in a few months time.

Take it easy sweetie and dont sweat the small stuff :drool:

:BlobRed:

Luff you loads

Ru XXXX