EVE Online

The official site is at:

http://www.eve-online.com/

An official video made entirely with ingame material. It is large file, top notch quality, and excellent music. Krank it! :)

http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/video...ownload&vid=144

These videos are player made and require sound to be on.

This video depicts some of the challenges one may face at there start of their career.

http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/cynet/rookiejourney.wmv

This next video shows a fleet battle and showcases some new Gallente Federation ships released in the last update. The Templar Fighter is so hot and so is the track!

http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/coc/miscnew.wmv

This last video highlights piracy and player combat..and one of my favorite ships, the Thorax. This video is large..and download is required for best play back. The video is top notch quality.

http://www.eve-files.com/media/08/Lyticus_APiratesLife.wmv

Enjoy!

Subscription Type: 12 Months, $131.40

(Billed in United States Dollars)

Dunno..I pay by the year..and it is pretty cheap :) Also you NEVER have to buy the expansions. They are included in your subscription :) The are working on the Kali expansion (which is the 6th). It is schedule from second quarter this year.

EVE Online is host to the largest virtual universe in the world, and is the fastest-growing Massively Multi-Player Online Game (MMPOG) of the genre. Set tens of thousands of years in the future, EVE is a breathtaking journey to the stars, to an immersive experience filled with adventure, riches, danger, and glory.

* Massively multiplayer

* Epic 5,000 solar system persistent single universe

* Dynamic player controlled economy

* Exclusive offline skill advancement

* Unmatched versatility in game play

* Free expansions and game enhancements included with subscription

Credit Cards

We only accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit cards.

Our European players will be affected by the European Union E-commerce Directive 2002/38/EC, Regulation 792/2002. This stipulates that all EU residents must pay a Value Added Tax (VAT) on electronically supplied services including online games. We are thus obligated to add a VAT on all payment transactions for customers living within the EU. In view of this, the pricing structure for Europe will be:

Cost/month* Total cost*

1-month-plan € 14.95 € 14.95

3-month-plan € 12.95 € 38.85

6-month-plan € 11.95 € 71.70

12-month-plan € 10.95 € 131.40

* VAT included

For our players in the rest of the world, this will be the pricing:

Cost/month Total cost

1-month-plan $ 14.95 $ 14.95

3-month-plan $ 12.95 $ 38.85

6-month-plan $ 11.95 $ 71.70

12-month plan $10.95 $ 131.40

Creating a CD-less account and a subscription to EVE - Online (including 30 days of game time) = €19.95

Plus you only pay $20 for the game account itself and the first month of service.

Why are they more expensive...they are not huge like Blizzard. Plus they invest ton of the money back into the game..they have been doing a massive hardware upgrade such as moving things over to 64bit processing (both hardware and software) adding huge RAM Sans drives...etc.

Guest gogoblender

k...I just saw one of the videos...

wow

Needless to say friend...

I am impressed

It's pretty pricey though...and one of the reasons I love ogame so much is cuz it's free.

Cyg, is eve takin away from yer ogame time?

Another question.

One of the reasons I HATE ogame so much (hahahha!) is cuz it's online ALL the time. Whereas in sacred it was online but SOME time...

Basically WE chose to decide when we'd put our invested time at risk I.e the Hardcore Servers.

Not like ogame where all of your time invested is at risk 24/7!

:)

gogo

Only at a certain level Gogo. For the average player no. If you form a corpoartion with other players and join into an alliance with other corporations and move to secure a section of space and build stations there...then yes..those stations can become attack at any time..without you being around. That part of the game is designed around group play and fleets and alliances :) You can avoid that completely if you wish. Your charatcer and ships and items and money are safe while you are gone.

nooooooooo....

why'd ya have ta tell me that!

lol, I'm doooooooomed!

*goes over to his piggy bank and considers breaking it*

:drool:

gogo

I will say they offer a 14 day trial..14 days hardly does the game justice. It is very complex, complicated, and free formed. Unlike most online games, you can have one charatcer really do it all. Also, it will take time to develop a charatcer. Months easily to get one to a point of comfort. Also, a big differnce..there are plenty of group and solo activities. Plus there are activities gauged around the level of interaction you want. You can set up a trade route or maybe do some mining in very secure space and not have to invest a ton of attention to what your doing all the way up to epic fleet battles. There is a video out there where an alliance assembled an armada of 60 plus ships and for around 12 hours swept incusions out of their claimed space :)

The players mix is highly international. The player base tends to be a bit more mature and exceptionally creative :)

Wow Cygnus...Thats some Alliance page! Excellent! :D

14 days you say!....oooh oooh...*Glares at Piggy Bank* I've seen this game in action as my little bro played it for a while and it looked amazing!...14 days free is certainly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! lol

Guest gogoblender

wow

heck of an impressive page, cyg

I'll also mention that just from reading the TYPES of things in there...you guys are selling stuff? :shocked:

...this game is EXTREMELY content heavy.

Just the kind of thing I like!

*sigh*

lol, I've just gotta throw off this ogame addiction and reach fer the better games out there...lol, something like Eve...with graphics even!

gogo

Hmmmm.

I might give this a try after I get back from holiday (we're away next week for 1 week...), but I don't know how much time I'm going to have to game when the baby gets here (~June)...

*Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

We need a thoughtful smilie.

Guest gogoblender

yeah...one hell of a game, huh llama

the interesting thing is...I was reading tons about it last night on their webpage...

man, this game is DEEP.

REALLY deep

It's got so much content actually that we never even have to battle unless we chose to.

Makes fer some interesting options.

So...anyone we know playin this?

heheh

gogo

Eve looks amazing! My sister played it for a while. Showed me the universe layout and its just unimaginable how HUGE it is! Those creator folks put a massive amount of work into that game. I would rate that game as "HIGHLY DANGEROUS" to your life in general as it would suck every moment of it. I'd never wanna stop playing it!

The radio station idea would be great. I've looked into it some and I think its possible to get a channel goin at no cost.

Glad people like what they see :) The player community does quite a lot..the radio stations is just one more thing. It is fun. I went out mining asteriods with one of the DJ's of EVE Underground as he was "spinning" for his show as we chatted and mined together :)

I can confirm everything Schot said is true as well :) I just been at gaming longer than some people and have learned a bit of moderation :)

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add that I play eve-online. jeez I think I started back in 03'?

yea its graphical to da max and yea it can be sort of pricey, but much worth it with all the free upgrades and content..anyway im also known as Lono there..Lono Makahiki to be exact ..if u play give me a holla ingame..I started my own corp called Galactic Federation of Merchant Marines..I havent recruited anyone cause all I wanted was offices to store stuff in corp hangars lol..only guys in there are 2 friends that play with me in Vendetta and some friends they wanted in. One day I will actively recruit, but I havent had time to really play the game so I just skill for now lol.

Guest gogoblender

lono that's my ultimate game man

it looks SO time intensive....

and the idea of playin in one uni with everyone else on the planet is compelling.

steep price though

you've been playin it since 03?

wow, you must be set!

gogo