OMG Full Orla's Sera!!

Whilst on the hc severs I got talking to one of the players there Evgenglad :drinks: who showed me his full orla's seraphim!! OMG what a cool character! I had heard of full orla's but not seen one in action....lol it's truely lag central but it's an incredible build!!

I am now playing this same seraphim in SP and I can't help but giggle and also sit back in amazement at the damage this wonderbabe can do!! I am going to try and make a demon and bm in sp using the same orla's set up...it's amazing!

Thanks to Evgenglad for putting the fun back into sp for me!! :3lmao:

Have any of you made such characters? and do you have any tips?

Guest gogoblender

heheh, sorry to say Claire I haven't really ever made an orla's. I've heard that they are the absolute most powerful build in the game though and can, in a single bolt of destruction (quite a few actually :whistle: ) have the power to freeze an entire server in it's tracks.

cool/owch/cool/owch/cool/owch, lol

I've seen pics too, electrifying.

:P

gogo

hehe yeah that lag thing gogo is evil in even single player I can almost hear my pc groan :whistle:

I'll make the orla's chars only for sp/lan games though....hehe my kids stood watching earlier and were jumping up and down squealing at her damage....and ofc the mad graphics....'Mom...can I have that on my pc...make me one....wow thats amazing' hehe

I've got an Orla BM, he uses Whirlwind & Flameskin (twice the chance for bolts) to set off the bolts. I've had lag so bad (when sitting underneath a dragon, so that all the bolts hit the dragon) that monsters have been totally invisible for several mins.

Don't ever combine this with % chance for gold drop, or anything similar.

Nightmare: party with orla mage, orla seraphim, vamp with massive open wounds bonus and bower going nuts with penetrating arrows while wearing golden boots (cash boots)

.. excellent dragon party :D

Guest gogoblender

It's funny...I've never actually seen this build in complete full action BUT I've heard so much about it's phenomenal lag effects.

Gosh

I hope next time Ascaron doesn't buy our servers from Walmart

*scurries off before a SIF Form mod comes with the stick*

:gun2:

gogo

Guest gogoblender

Sorry for the double post guys

I saw this post runnin over at DA an thought it may be of interest

http://www.clan-da.com/showthread.php?t=5689

Was talking about it to brad this morning and he made a great point.

He wants to try it

lol, and I can't say I blame him. Course we'd be careful about it and do it with secret tests and stuff...but all this attention to it is making Orla's the hottest item in the game

^^

oowah gimme gimme

:butcher:

gogo

• 2 months later...

Full Orlas-Slideshow

http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=QL25i5T171wbFLH.gif

That's it what could happen when you try using a full orlas (called Gungnirs in ger.) ...

The low-fi animated GIF sequence is showing me.. erm, no. A seraphim played by me.. heck, you know what I mean^^

This was a long time ago, can't remember if late 2.25 or early in 2.28 .

Anway:

Closed HC, Niob:

1 player, maybe a few more, also can't remember - and I've forgotten to open the network-info box :) ^^

It's my seraphim, using a full orlas + RBoL and I think lotsa split too (not ~50% like Therion^^ a bit less)

you can also see that there's a prob with the eneryg bolts shown.. they fly through walls, and they will hit opponents behind it.

anyway, just if you think I play on a machine containing a celeron 1,3 GhZ 250Mb RAM and a 20Gig 5k RPM HD.. plus modem and a geforce mx-400 or so.. no.

My PC is a 'bit' better equipped, although quite old now too:

P4 2,4Ghz

ATI Radeon X850 pro (AGP)

2x SATA 160GB HD, samsung; Raid 0

1GB RAM, DDR-xxx whatever (corsair+'something' mixed modules)

Intel 478P chipset (asus P4C-800e deluxe)

etc

and yes, 'sure'... it's only me and my sloppy software/driver adjustment+config causing the lag and low fps :4rofl:

Edited by Rotluchs