MSN V.s. Googlespeak

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Hey guys I"m curious as to Googlespeak (Chat?)

Msn is gettin so heavied down with adds and new upgrades all the time and one of my friends says that google's chat is cleaner, faster, less clunkier.

It comes with gmail and I wanted to know if anyone here has any expertise with this?

Tks

:gun2:

gogo

It's pretty much the quinessential IM client. The only thing it doesn't currently do (I think) is video conferencing, and perhaps group chat (I haven't tried group chat, as IM group chat sucks compared to IRC).

It's clean, it's simple, it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Only downside to it is that it is limited to gmail users and a lot of people don't use it heavily in favour or more common IMs (despite the fact that they are lesser programs)

Guest gogoblender

Interesting...IM program?

Does this mean that Google belongs to a group of other progs that share the same functionality?

As well, of this non msn group, are you saying that Google scores highest?

:gun2:

gogo

IM => Instant Message

MSN is an IM client. Google talk is an IM client, AOL Messenger is an IM client... etc.

Google talk, imo, is the best set up of all of them.

Then there are multi IM clients like Trillian, Gaim, Adium, etc.

Currently, I use Adium to cover MSN and Google Talk. On PC, I'm using Trillian for MSN and Google Talk for itself. On Linux, I use GAIM for MSN and Google Talk.

Does this mean that Google belongs to a group of other progs that share the same functionality?

As well, of this non msn group, are you saying that Google scores highest?

I run msn, gtalk, skype and ICQ - my highest score among them is definitely ICQ. It might just be because I've been using it for years though.

I liked ICQ when it was released (and the next couple versions after), but as versions progressed, I found it turned to garbage. Hell, I used to like MSN Messenger, but now I refuse to install it :drinks: