Guild Wars

Our little roleplaying guild did a couple of random 8 versus 8 guild matches..we won both our battles..and even managed to best a guild rank 498th...we were pretty happy since they were our first battles as a guild. "Dude, we were just pwned by roleplayers, Holy Hannah!?!" :)

Edit: I hope you don't mind, but I split this post off and started it's own thread with it. lol, I've got some questions regarding Guild wars and thought that this post merited it's own disussion.

thanks!

:)

gogo

Guest gogoblender

Cygnus, pardon my ignorance on my part, but I'm kind of curious now...what is a role playing guild?

Does it act differently from other clans or guilds in the game?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

Role-playing, in its simplest and most universal sense, is adopting a different persona for a game than you are normally.

How does a role playing guild in Guild Wars differ than a normal one? We do all the same things a normal guild would do with addtional focus on charatcer stories, development, plot lines, interactions for each individual charatcer and the guild as a whole.

Right now we are working on many stories and events. We also have been practicing our team 8 versus 8 guild battles. So far we are 8 wins and 4 losses, we are pretty happy with that considering we just got this whole guild battling started a week ago.

Here is an example of a Tavern posting board we run on our site.

http://beautiful-oblivion.guildportal.com/...TopicID=2127712

What is left when the day is done? When night blankets the sleeping land? When the market falls silent and torches alone light the cobbled roads?

Only one word describes this sensation …

... Peace …

~ * ~

Such is the vision painted by Sanctum Umbra. A small villa nestled in the foothills of Kryta, the clay tiled roofs and simple stone masonary adorn the scattered buildings. Cobblestone roads cross the villa, leading out one of two gates to the north and west. The architecture is a blend of Krytan simplicity with White Mantle majesty - small stone arches admist elegant gardens and patches of tilled land. The town itself rests in the shadow of the mountains to the west. A single fountain of many levels rises high in the villa's square - it stands at the intersection of four roads, each leading in a different direction. The crystal clear waters of the fountain often cascades down the ivory and granite facade, forming a sparkling mirror as it catches the pale moonlight. Torches and lamp-posts run throughout the villa, their soft flickering flames casting back the night just enough to see, while still creating illusions of shadows dancing amongst the darkness beyond.

Yet what defines the villa are not the buildings nor the roads, it is the harbor that opens out to the wide open oceans beyond. Four wooden piers stretch out from the wide, stone road which holds open-air merchant stalls of various sizes and shapes. Each of the piers is held up with thick wooden masts that stretch far down into the murky waters below. Within the harbor stands one majestic ship; its wooden masts tower over its decks and the series of sails stand proudly during day or night. The words "Aeternus" adorn the bow of the ship in golden letters. The ship itself is often used as a gathering place for locals, guests, and strangers alike. It is a place of quiet contemplation, a place of reverie, and a place for wandering souls to gather for even a few minutes during the year.

The name "Sanctum Umbra" stands for "Blessed Shadows", a name that originated from the ocean waters. As night falls, the light from the moon and stars reflecting off the uneven surface of the ocean creates a sparkling facade. It is easy to mistake the effect for the glow of countless fireflies dancing upon a nocturnal stage, its very glimmer bringing forth the shadows as well.

It is here that the members and friends of the Beautiful Oblivion may come and stay.

((Sanctum Umbra is intended to be a "tavern" of sorts for EON. All are welcome to post here!))

• 4 months later...

ya I was wondering the same thing... I never bought Guild wars.. but I just got my hands on guild wars Factions.. so u'll be seeing me online somewhere next week.... a LOT ( this means I gotta be extra carefull with my raids for ogame and my development in vendetta :) )

Really?! My IGN is Elsfar The Hunter, or Shinaga the honest add me and ill lend you a hand buddy

/hug

~Doom

Yes, our guild is still growing strong and in fact now in an alliance with several other guilds. Our alliance has over a hundred members strong. Our alliance name is The Silver Circle Alliance. It was founded by The Beautiful Oblivion (EON) and The Orphans of Kukai (OOK). The Orphans were highlighted as Guild of the Week.

http://www.guildwars.com/community/guildwe...hansofkukai.php

other memeber guilds are:

Tides of Light (TL)

Mithril Knights (MK)

United Union (GWU)

Anet has also announced some information on the next expansion. This weekend is doubt faction player versus player event, next weekend is a player versus player preview of the two new classes due out with the upcoming expansion.

I am experienced in adventuring and player versus player battling. Character names:

Cygnus Arnimane (Monk)

Cygnus Xani (Elementalist)

Shantal Dane (Warrior)

Sionesse Arnimane (Assassin)

Okoni Sendai (Ritualist)

• 4 weeks later...

I never did post these youtube Guild Wars videos...they are rather good :)

Guild Wars vs WoW

Simply Enfuego

Bohemian Rhapsody

and probaby the best of the bunch..I even found and downloaded the original high res version of it...

Fire of Spirit concert video