Eagle brand to the rescue!

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Lots of sugar (heh, min three teaspoons fer me!)

And , lol, this may sound kinda weird...but do any of you guys put EAgle brand condensed milk in it?

My parents have this kinda brit descent thing goin on...so I've grown up with lots of tinned, sweet, creamy milk around to put in.

IN Sri Lanka where my family's from, they don't have many refrigerators around, lol, the place is pretty poor and everyone drinks tea.

The challenge has always been with keeping the milk fresh. So...enter the Eagle! , this little yummy, tasty companion makes stuff taste great.

and...if yer jonesin fer sugar like I always am (:P) you can even eat an entire can on it's own when noone's around.

lol, did that once on my own when my parents were out and boy...lol, did my stomach ever pay fer that little folly of mine.

Tea or coffee black?

nevah!

:D

gogo

Wow, funny that you mention eagle canned milk gogo, I had some hot chocolate and eagle about an hour ago! Pretty good stuff!

Guest gogoblender

wow...u serious?

lol, I thought noone else ever used this stuff! what made you get it? Did you purposely go out and buy it?

Guess you used it like a sauce right?

hmmm...wonder what a milkshake of it would taste like

:drool:

gogo

Eagle Brand Condensed milk is the base for some great desserts. Like IceBox Lemon pie. Just add an egg, some lemon juice and pour into a graham cracker crust. Or make fudge with it. Check out the internet for some great ideas.

Hey Purringcat....great to see you here :D We have adjusted your permissions to Friends of The Clan so you can see more of the forums. Have lots of fun here :D

Guest gogoblender

PUrring!

lol, you made it!

Great seein ya at DarkMatters!

We got a great bar, help yourself..Erialc's got a great green friend that loves to spread magical, happy, good cheers :devil:

Hope to see you soon again you, and welcome to the Boards!

:)

gogo

Guest gogoblender

heeya!

lol, yes us too!

And a big thank you regarding the forum.

Purring open up an intro thread, set yerself up with a nice cozy avatar and make yerself at home...

At DarkMatters...the kitchen light is alway on!

:)

gogo

p.s. I also need new quick/fix recipes...the ole take-out and delivery routine just doesn't seem to be cuttin it no more :P

• 2 months later...

that's really cool-

I remember when I was little my grandmama used one of those simillar condensed milk- abit sweeter- she used it for one of the chinese cuisine

it's absolutely delicious- however I never thought of drinking it since it is sweet and all!

in the states we dont usualy use it. I will say that I never used the sweet condensed milk but the regular condensed milk goes wonderful im my grandmas macaroni and cheese caserole!

didnt think u could cook with it, and never realized till I saw this post! /woot

• 2 months later...
Eagle Brand Condensed milk is the base for some great desserts. Like IceBox Lemon pie. Just add an egg, some lemon juice and pour into a graham cracker crust.

I know this is a really old thread, but since EB lemon pies are my absolute favorites I just had to post. I love the kind of sweet EB brings to the party, but have never tried it in beverages. I'll have to give it a whirl in some tea soon. For now I'll pass along my favorite (and not just because they're super easy!) pie recipes. There's actually 3 very easy variations, they're all the same basic recipe, where only the 4th ingredient changes.

* Graham cracker crust

* 1/2 cup lemon juice

* 1 can of Eagle

* For the 4th ingredient you can add any one of the following, depending on the kind of pie you want:

* 3 egg yolks for a custard-type pie (they tell you to bake this one now but we never did when I was growing up, and it's probably not necessary if you use pasturized eggs)

* 8 oz cream cheese (only Philly for me!) for a lemon cheesecake

* 8 oz whipped unsweetened heavy or whipping cream for a light and fluffy filling.

Mix everything (except the crust), pour into the crust, chill and serve after chilled for a tangy tastetastic treat!