OOF mod dissapointment

Not long ago I made 3 rapid smallish hofs which all together felt like a particular good raid (I saw it in total as a nice average larger hof). So I thought, why not let them be my first posts on OOF. Im ranked 12 and most people in my range have already posted enough on this forum to fill a bible (mostly childlish bullFECAL MATTER! though).

I got some responses to the hofs, but one of them could seem a like moonshot if you ignored the loss of defences (which probably means alot for a low ranked account), and the stupidity of parking an extra smallish fleet alongside a moonshot fleet. From previous experience I knew the csm crowd would be planning moonshots nearby and wasnt all that surprised to eventually find a fleet big enough for it. So I thought id ruin their plans by sending an "overkill" fleet that would destroy some defence (since they have been such nice farms before), destroy the fleet and steal the db.

Some revenge dude browsed the post and claimed it was moonshot. Fair enough if you dont bother to actually examine the numbers or the posts. The csm alliance confirmed publically twice in same thread that it was not a planned moonshot, but part of a fleet that was going to be used for an alliance member elsewhere .. I interrupted the plans. Then an mod (DIABLO) comes along and promptly closes the thread with no explanations .. just like that!? For me it felt like an obvious innuendo that it was a planned moonshot.

Is it just me or are some moderators on OOF of such bad quality that they don't even bother to read the posts before making a decision. If so I seriously doubt ill bother with OOF again.

Link to the insignificant smallish hof with an irritation level deeper than pacific sea

I wanted to try my case to a supermoderator too after failing to convince Diablo. Feeling I have case it does inspire enough energy to bother doing this. Besides trying is good therapy.

Here is a log between me and Diablo and the pm to a supermoderator:

OOF basic 20% and moonshot interpretation

Sorry, but I have a rather long post to bother you with, because I think there is something seriously wrong with the interpretation among 1 or more mods about what is considered a planned moonshot or a regular basic 20% hof (even though the hof is small). It goes as follows:

I made made a hit on a very low ranked person in u9 (The link)

Diablo closed the thread accused me for doing a moonshot. Below is a log over what was conversed between him and me. But first please consider my arguments or a whole heap of questions this gives me.

Where does the limit go for a moonshot? Does it matter what type of defense the target has? Does it matter that the victims confirms that it was not a planned moonshot? If not, then does it still yield at extreme cases f.ex. 20k count on each defense structure? Are all types of fleets on a planet that gives close to 20% in a debris field considered to be a moonshot regardless any circumstances? F.ex. 417 recyclers or 667 heavy fighters (To be honest I don't think Diablo would have reacted on these numbers .. even though with 0 defenses).

If I may be so bold, perhaps put a damage requirement for small 20% that confirms alot of damage were made against planets with significant defense. Like the requirement to rip kills.

I feel unjustified in this and have great difficulty seeing the logic in Diablo's interpretation of a regular moonshot. It probably don't mean much, but to those I have spoken to after I have shown the CR that clearly shows a massive set of defense and additional fleet, agrees that this is certainly not a planned moonshot. The rules on this are very hazy and allows mods to have weird subjective attitude to each case. I think Diablo has a too simplistic interpretation of the difference between basic 20% and moonshots. I mean no disrespect saying so. These were my first posts on oof (should have posted more of my hofs earlier as im ranked 12 in u9), but if this is how a mod handles our hof section I really dont feel much encouraged to continue posting. Its far to simple interpretations for my liking. Sorry.

Im sending a copy to Diablo as I think he deserves to see what ive pmed you. To you Diablo I say again; I mean no disrespect to you and have nothing against you, but I do not agree with your arguments. So I want to try them through a supermoderator.

Message from Diablo, on 06-01-2007 07:45

RE: Clarification over a closed post

quote:

I can confirm that because that moon shot fleet was meant for me. You stole my moon shot! Good crash thought and good hunting. GLOTR

Tis a moonshot, maybe not for you, but it still is.

-----Original Message-----

Date: 01-06-07 16:59

To: Diablo

Subject: Clarification over a closed post

The link

If you read the replies, the csm members confirmes it was not a planned moonshot. I have from previous experiences kept a close eye on them with my moon (there were several csm accounts clustered together), ih I knew their online times. So when I knew they werent online I sent a massive overkill fleet to take out as much defence (which was significant) as possible since they have been good farms before. In short I disrupted their plans, destroyed recyclers, a moonshot fleet that were to be used elsewhere, and defence. Considering nothing of this were planned by the csm, the additional fleet on the planet and the massive defence, its difficult for me to understand why this would be a moonshot. Sorry, long post .. first posts on oof and got somewhat annoyed .. got coffee, feels better now Wink

Date: 06-01-2007 06:34

To: Yaga

If you provide a link to the topic, I can confirm my reasons, but from what you've said, it's most likely because it's a moonshot fleet, or resembles one.

Date: 01-06-07 15:36

To: Diablo

Why did you close my post on: basic 20% Yaga [D.A.R.K.] vs graves87 [CSM] ? It is no moonshot as he is an enemy of D.A.R.K. The victim's alliance has also confirmed its no moonshot if you examine the replies to this post. Why should I care if the target's fleet is slightly bigger than 20% moonshot?

RE: OOF basic 20% and moonshot interpretation

Yes there was Defense, but look at the Light Fighter count. Almost near the 20% mark.

When we see people post moonshots in the HoF, or something that looks like a moonshot, we either close it or move it to the CR section. We, as Mods, can't go into the game and look to see if it was planned or not.

Planned or not, it looks like a moonshot, therefore it is one.

I doubt this is the answer you want but.. this is how it is.

Diablo didn't accuse you of doing a moonshot, he's saying the hit is a moonshot.

You say you consider posting anymore? Post things that are actually bigger than you hitting a bunch of Light Fighters. Then it won't be considered a moonshot.

-----

Im dissapointmented he didnt even bother to answer the questions. Instead, even the supermod throws a poorly hidden insult over a smallish hof .. oops moonshot. But to the facts; now you folks know that does NOT matter what how defensive the planet is as long the fleet is close enough to a 20% crash .. its always a moonshot then .. nor does it matter if the target confirms it was not planned. What will be interesting to watch is when the mods start nailing other fleet types that are close to 20% as moonshots as well .. if they dare.

This was never a big deal, but an interesting thing to follow and see how the mods argumented and viewed things. With such simple arguments that has huge gaping holes, im kinda starting to worry how they handle other much more complicated cases. A flip of a coin? The FireArrow-Urkhai-Kod3blak deal popped up. I have a sneaky feeling there are many more out there as well that are doubtful.

And here ended my posting career in OOF. I think ill stick to DarkMatters instead :o Hope you enjoyed this though :D

I'm with you on this one. Sure, the fleet was built for a moonshot, but it wasn't on the planet he was going for a moon on or anything like that. The fact you caught his recs and cargos also shows that you hit him while he was offline and neglecting that fleet.

I agree that the rules need clarified.

And no, they never do bother reading the posts. Like String's hit against SomethingElse was closed because SE was banned, even though he was banned after the hit and this had been said in the thread.