How to play online... Can I change once I start an Online Game

What is the difference between Local Network, Closed Network, and Open Network... and Also what is the difference between Ancaria Campaign and Underworld Campaign... and once you start an Online Game can you change?

Edited by erialc

Hi Siera good to see you back :bow:

I'll try to explain as best I can:)

Closed, your character is stored on the Ascaron servers for Hardcore and Softcore alike :D There is no campaign mode here so you can power level or work your way through he quests but with them being reset everytime you log on.

Open: Your character is stored on your pc. And I think you can play campaign mode there so your progress is stored also.

Lan is where you can play any character you have be it one you 'exported' from open/closed/hardcore or softcore or one you created just for lanning. You can run a campaign mode here also and play between friends who can connect to your lan game.

Ancaria campaign is the original sacred with plus regions and enemies.

UW is with the new regions added on top of oroginal sacred and plus with new regions and enemies/monsters.

You can change anytime whilst playing online on any of the above options. Also to note is that with open you can use the dedicated server option which is with your install to create your own Open server.

I hope I have explained well enough and I hope others will come along to add to this. Hope it also helps :D

Which is the best one to start out with and Do I have to play with other people?

Hi Siera good to see you back :bow:

I'll try to explain as best I can:)

Closed, your character is stored on the Ascaron servers for Hardcore and Softcore alike :D There is no campaign mode here so you can power level or work your way through he quests but with them being reset everytime you log on.

Open: Your character is stored on your pc. And I think you can play campaign mode there so your progress is stored also.

Lan is where you can play any character you have be it one you 'exported' from open/closed/hardcore or softcore or one you created just for lanning. You can run a campaign mode here also and play between friends who can connect to your lan game.

Ancaria campaign is the original sacred with plus regions and enemies.

UW is with the new regions added on top of oroginal sacred and plus with new regions and enemies/monsters.

You can change anytime whilst playing online on any of the above options. Also to note is that with open you can use the dedicated server option which is with your install to create your own Open server.

I hope I have explained well enough and I hope others will come along to add to this. Hope it also helps :D

Wow, nice explanation there Claire. lol, Seira, Claire said it all pretty much. If you're interested in playing Hardcore, I'm sure we can have folks meet up with you online.

We've got a thread here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3825

Where peeps post when they're hitting the servers. Post away and you can meet some of the gang.

Cheers and good luck

:bow:

gogo

The one thing you cannot do is move characters from open/lan to closed. As Claire said, the former are stored on your pc - the latter on the Ascaron servers. You can "export" a closed character to open, but not the reverse.

Any time you want to change game modes, you can create a new character and thn just go.