Detox Soup...it's noodletastic!

Well it gets to the end of the weekend and well we can all feel a lil rough round the edges from time to time but I have this amazing soup I make and I'll have this now for a few days...it's really light and HOT but you can make it hotter or not depending on your taste.

Take a packet of thin soup noodles....lol these are my favorite and come with a little sachet of Sichuan spices and hot chilli oil. To that I add a lot of paprika some more hot chilli oil(something along these lines) Then I add fish sauce and a splash of teriyaki to the water. I know it's a marinade but I love it's warm flavor. So you boil that all up in a pan till your noodles are nice and soft. Meanwhile steam off or boil some chicken strips (skinless).

When the chicken and noodle soup is finshed pour into a big bowl and enjoy. It is sooo fast and a simple. I forgot to add, that lil sachet is also full of MSG so if you don't like it you might want to use a different ready mixed base. for me the more the better :)

DSCN1575.jpg

DSCN1577.jpg

DSCN1578.jpg

hehe I know it looks bland but it's a mighty nice taste :D

ahh, I love those kinds of noodles...is that like Ramen, Claire? Those soups rock when trying to make something light and tasty out of bits n' bobs (heh, got that from you :P). Love the presentation of this food thread claire...someone's gettin the hang of how to make good cooking threads :D

And a question...that fish sauce...what kind is it? Is it that Vietnamien sauce called Nhur Mham (gosh I butchered that work :)) which is so light but also has a sweet tangy taste? Or is it a fish sauce that is very heavy on the fish side?

:)

gogo

It's a really light Thai one called Nam Pla (lol I think that literally translates to fish sauce?) and it's just as you describe the vietnamese one. hehe the noodles I get from this excellent Chinese supermarket here and for that soup they are the only one's I'll use...mainly for the different flavour bases and because they are just the right size. I can now also buy the sachets of oil and flavouring from there and the kids love to make thier own wontons for it rather than the chicken and noodles.

Ramen for life gogo I love it it's sooo adaptable and you can just keep on changing it's flavours. :D

Ramen for life...exactly. Funny thing was in uni while my friends were around I'd cook KD (kraft dinner) in my room in the dorms...but...when noone was looking or smelling (:D) I'd make ramen spicy soups as well, cuz I was so homesick. lol, my parents were so worried about what I was gonna eat, that even though I had rights to eat in the cafeteria every day, they insisted on me being able to make my own foods with a taste of home.

:)

gogo

ahh gogo! :D I think it must have been incredible for you growing up with all those delicious foods! And you still miss them...I'll save a bowl for you...can't say it will be just like you used to have but it's still pretty nice :)