Can you describe Sacred's look?

I mean...what is it? I don't think you could call it cartoon...not like we can for WOW. And I don't think it looks anything like Guild Wars...which at times reminded me so much of those Giger paintings, in fact, almost Gothic. I'm looking for a word or words to describe it and keep coming up short.

Country Village Burlesque maybe?

:)

gogo

The closest thing I can think of that's similar is Diablo 2, Fate, and Dungeon Siege 2. They all have the same top-down perspective, hack-and-slash, and multiple quests. Another game that is a bit more story oriented is Divine Divinity. Same idea, but no multiplayer.

Ob, candy Shop?...Sacred reminds you of a candy shop? hmmm, yeah I guess when it was christmas and the sets were falling :P

I've tried to describe Sacred's art style to my friends but keep missing. I can see places where I"ve seen it before. Mostly ultima, I think. Dense, very detailed, and almost wanting to look too-real. I"m very glad it's nowwhere near cartoony, but I must admit that the new shots of the seraphim sometimes do give me that feel. I'm happy that they seem to be staying with the style as much as they can, but a part of me yearns for the Guildwars Gigeresque look that I came to adore. GW was full of monsters that looked like they'd crawled out of a Cliver Barker novel. Full of the grotesque, and the seeping (yeah they seeped sometimes :)) I just loved the way castles would reach into the sky forever, and was particularly impressed with the human modelling.

:D

gogo