I'm afraid I'm back.<Sigh>

Hi again, folks. I know, I sort of promised that my last question would be...well...my last question. But at least this one isn't about geography. I'm wondering if I've stumbled over another glitch in the game. See, I got the quest to take a barrel of whiskey to the innkeeper at Drakenden. So far, fine. In wandering around the town before setting off on my heroic quest with whiskey I came across an actual barrel of the stuff just sort of sitting there, so...I took it. (As an aside, it's quite amazing how folks in the game keep telling you how honorable and heroic you are, when you're engaged in lifting anything not guarded by at least an ill-tempered rhinocerous.) Anyway, I got to Drakenden, and to the inn. The innkeeper offered me 1000 gold for the barrel I was toting around; sounded fine to me, so, done deal. Now, though, I can't get the game to tell me I've completed the quest. I've left Drakenden and come back, but the innkeeeper just keeps telling me his whiskey is almost out, but the next shipment is due...etc. I thought I *had* the next shipment, but he doesn't seem to see it.

Now, is this somehow because I sold him the barrel I'd picked up? I did, by the way, try declining his offer, but it made no difference. So, what must I do to get the guy to take his damn whiskey and gimme my quest? Is it possible that I have to decline to pick up the whiskey barrel in the first place? Well, anyway....Once again I'm presuming on everybody's patience and good nature. Sorry, folks, but, well.....<SIGH>

Thanks, for all the help you guys have given me so far, and for whatever you can tell me about my current predicament.

Joe Sahyan

Do you have the pure water quest active Sahyan? It's been mentioned on the SIF that the pure water quest and the whisky quest don't play nice together. :whistle:

Do you have the pure water quest active Sahyan? It's been mentioned on the SIF that the pure water quest and the whisky quest do play nice together. :whistle:

I've finished the Pure Water quest. Don't tell me I have to have that active in order to do the Whiskey Run quest. Damn, I hope not. This could all drive one to...well....You know.

Seriously, is that part of the problem?

Hey Sahyan.... as charming as it is that you seem so worried to bother us with questions there is no need... it is our PLEASURE to help you out! :whistle:

Okay here is the glitch....

If you do the Pure Water quest there are a ton of whiskey barrels in the back of that cave that you can just pick up which I am sure you probably did. Also the Captain gives you another barrel as a reward. Then you pick up the whiskey barrel to be delivered to Drakenden. Now for some reason picking up all these various barrels confuses the quest system. Therefore the quest system believes that you have an infinite amount of whiskey barrels so never really registers that you have completed the quest. Which has its benefit because you can stand there for hours selling barrel after barrel of non-existent whiskey to the tavern keeper for 1,000 gold each. However you will never be able to complete the quest. In order to complete it you have to accept and finish the Whiskey Supplier quest before ever accepting the Pure Water quest.

Also on a funny note you can drink any whiskey barrels you have in your inventory by right clicking on it.... then to show you are drunk little blue butterflies appear over you head.