Bad day/week/month?

Sorry about this rant guys... but I've go no where else to go with this right now. If you don't want to hear me moaning stop reading now...

This week 2 of my teachers decided to drop me from their classes, unannounced. I've done nothing wrong, shown up every day, completed all assignments, etc. I've emailed them about it and they have said there is nothing they can do at this point because it is beyond drop/add date.

I recently moved, and I've been trying to find a job for 2 or 3 weeks now. I still commute almost 2 hours to my job daily because I haven't found one. My girlfriend is also applying for the same positions around here, but I have about 2 years more experience than she does, and I am nationally certified and she is not... yet she has gotten 4 job offers this week. To top it off, today someone called my phone looking for her to offer her a job.

My little brother has threatened to commit suicide twice in the last month. I've started driving him to a psychiatrist behind my parents backs because my crazy step-mother doesn't believe in medicating children (he's 15).

I'm coming down with the flu too... the last 3 days I have hardly been able to walk I've been so dizzy. I haven't skipped work yet, but undoubtedly I sound like a stoned moron when I try to talk to people, but there is nothing I can do about it... I need the money or else I won't be able to afford where I'm living and I'll have to move back in with my parents. That is by far the last thing I want to do right now... Along the lines of the dropping classes thing... that has put me out of full time student state, now I'm a part time student. That means I've been kicked off my parents health/Rx insurance. Even if I wanted to go to the doctor for whatever it is that is wrong with me I couldn't afford it because of lack of insurance... and I can't get new insurance because applications don't re-open until November for coverage starting in January.

There are some other, more personal things, that I cannot discuss here... but one of them involves surgery that I will not be able to have until I get the insurance coverage figured out...

sorry to hear about your problems :lol:

we have a saying back in lithuania, that bad things coming in pairs - in your case its more then pair

well, lets hope, that things will get better soon for you

Oh Griff,

Im so sorry, Please grab me on msn, or yahoo when you come on, Ill be on most of the afternoon tomorrow and night as well. Just anytime, Ill be here. I'm sending you the biggest hugs I can my dear dear friend.

Griff, a hard time for sure! :lol: I hope things will get easier soon and you are looking after your brother too, You know where we all are and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job front.

Keeps Safe Griff and your brother to :lol:

Griff, go ahead and rant...big big hug coming up :lol:

I have times like that too...when the down part of life's roller coaster just seems to go on for an interminably long period of time. You have to just hang in, and eventually stuff starts to look up. I will say though that from all of your posts, you've always come across as a caring, compassionate person. What you're doing with your brother is just you digging and still sticking this all out.

Just keep going, be brave, and keep doing the right things. More than anything, inside where it counts, you'll always feel that you're goinb about this rough patch and always being good about it.

And keep coming back to rant if you have to, sometimes just blowing off the steam is enough and you feel so much better...ready to get going on the day.

Stay strong and have faith.

:D

gogo

Sometimes life is just like that.

You get thrown a curve, but it's never just one thing. They just seem to pile up, one on top of another.

It sounds cliche, but just hold on--things will get better. Sometimes just talking to someone about it will help and you have lots of willing ears here. I know that I was going through some stuff a while back and CH on the SIF was my shoulder.

Griff - check out your states medicaid program. See if you qualify. Also getting dropped by your insurance is a special event that opens the enrollement period to you now for new ins coverage. Also you can apply for cobra coverage (although based on what you said you cant afford it). If you need surgery DONT let your insurance go more than 63 days without coverage or the new ins will deny it due to pre existing conditions. (I work in the industry)

Talk with the dean of student or someone in the guidance office, there must be something that can be done to restore your full time status. Your teachers may not know how to do it but someone in that school does especially since you must have paid tuition for full time status. If you did and they still dropped you file a complaint with the state to the effect of services paid for and not rendered. Dont let it go quietly.

*hugs* and darkness doesnt last forever, there will be light at the end of the tunnel trust me... sometimes it just takes time.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry about this rant guys... but I've go no where else to go with this right now. If you don't want to hear me moaning stop reading now...

This week 2 of my teachers decided to drop me from their classes, unannounced. I've done nothing wrong, shown up every day, completed all assignments, etc. I've emailed them about it and they have said there is nothing they can do at this point because it is beyond drop/add date.

I recently moved, and I've been trying to find a job for 2 or 3 weeks now. I still commute almost 2 hours to my job daily because I haven't found one. My girlfriend is also applying for the same positions around here, but I have about 2 years more experience than she does, and I am nationally certified and she is not... yet she has gotten 4 job offers this week. To top it off, today someone called my phone looking for her to offer her a job.

My little brother has threatened to commit suicide twice in the last month. I've started driving him to a psychiatrist behind my parents backs because my crazy step-mother doesn't believe in medicating children (he's 15).

I'm coming down with the flu too... the last 3 days I have hardly been able to walk I've been so dizzy. I haven't skipped work yet, but undoubtedly I sound like a stoned moron when I try to talk to people, but there is nothing I can do about it... I need the money or else I won't be able to afford where I'm living and I'll have to move back in with my parents. That is by far the last thing I want to do right now... Along the lines of the dropping classes thing... that has put me out of full time student state, now I'm a part time student. That means I've been kicked off my parents health/Rx insurance. Even if I wanted to go to the doctor for whatever it is that is wrong with me I couldn't afford it because of lack of insurance... and I can't get new insurance because applications don't re-open until November for coverage starting in January.

There are some other, more personal things, that I cannot discuss here... but one of them involves surgery that I will not be able to have until I get the insurance coverage figured out...

Hey Griff man...Nice avatar btw....so sorry to hear this. hope that it is better now that it has been more than a week (?) ....but I know it sucks. I think Girls get jobs quicker than guys usually because of the gender and the low pay. Hope you are still not dizzy! and I do not understand how could your step mom not letting someone get medicated....!!

Thanks for all the advice guys (and gals). Just wanted to share some updates --

I've gotten a job now, it even pays about 40% more than what I was making previously (woo!). The class situation is still the same, but it's not bugging me too much anymore. It gives me some extra time off :yawn:. As far as insurance goes I'm still looking, I don't qualify for medicaid because of my new job and school scholarships that I have received this year.... but as soon as my 90 days is up at work I'll apply for the insurance there.

With my brother, things haven't really gotten better. He kinda did/said some stupid things and got himself kicked out of school, but my parents have him going to some form of Tele-school. From what I've heard he is on the phone for 6 hours everyday listening to his teachers over the phone. The stupid things he did actually ended up on the news and everyone knows about it in my area. I got asked a few times about it from people that I knew a while back from school and stuff like that. My step-mom agreed to start taking him to the therapist and is going to give him his medication, so I'm hoping he'll start getting better soon.

I'm starting to get back on Sacred and the forum again though. I guess being out of school for the rest of this semester will give me a little bit more opportunity to have some fun, so maybe I'll see ya'll around more often.

-Griff

Griff - check and see if you college offers any insurance? Also most insurance agents who sell more than just auto insurance also sell temp ins coverage. it may not be great coverage but its coverage so that you dont have a lapse in coverage. the worse the benefits the lower the premium so there should be something you can afford even if it doesnt pay much for claims. If you have a condition that will need treatment you dont want to get it classified as pre existing by letting your coverage lapse or the insurance company can deny coverage for up to a year depending on state statutes. *hugs*

And as a parent, Im, all for medication *lol* (my eldest has aspergers whcih can be "trying" at time to say the least) Cant understand why your mom wouldnt want to atleast try medication to make things go better prior to the sit blowing up like that.

Now if I could just get some "knock me out" + "I have no voice" + "this cold sucks majorly" medicine ... that and an 8 hour nap and a hot bath with no interuptions (4 people in a 1 bathroom house = mom doesnt get a hot bath ever) and I might feel human again.

Edited by Genenut