Proposals

Righty I have some proposals, first I think we should create a community portal, so everyone can see what needs working on. Like this one]

Second, I think we definitely need to create a standardized formatting method. Another example. If we standardize things the wiki will look much better and more uniform.

Thirdly, I think we need to create some templates like these:

Stub

Cleanup

Delete

Move

Image Needed

( I have created stub and cleanup, but I need a the picture for cleanup).

These provide useful tools so the community knows what needs expanding, cleaning, deleting or providing with an image.

You place each one by typing {{template name}}. (Example {{stub}})

Last, I think someone iwth some techinical know how could create a bot to fix spelling etc...

:)

~Doom

EDIT: New proposal, the incorporation of software for making boxes so we can have them for items, Combat Arts and npcs like these:

NPC

item

CA

Edited by TimOfDoom

(Sorry for double post)

Right, this is my pitch to get boxes included in our wiki software, I think we need them because they make everyones job a lot easier, and make the whole wiki look much more uniform, they would be most useful for, Combat arts, npcs and items, as we could include pictures and basic stats etc...

Provided we have the software added, I can make the templates for everyone to use, then go around implementing them

:)

~Doom

:o

lol Tim. Whoooooaa there. Slow down. hahaha. You're giving me palpitations. :D Although I have only a slight idea on your various suggestions I think they are probably very very good ones. :) It appears as though you have a great deal of experience with the wikis which is awesome.

So lets take one suggestion at a time then and go with your boxes pitch. I do like those boxes btw and I think they will certainly prove useful. So how about trying one out to see how it's going to fit into our wiki. One thing I'm not understanding is the point you make about needing extra software. It seems to me that we already are able to create a template like what you are talking about. Can you tell me what it is that is preventing you from creating the template?

Keep in mind that embedding external images is enabled. :)

P.s.

Regarding those boxes I have an experimental Template for the boxes you are talking about. Check them out and let me know what you think. :)

Template:Set Item

Template:Set Items

Draelokk's Glooming Skull (Example output of a template)

Btw, you can link to wiki pages in a forum post by typing the wiki page name inside wiki tags:

[wiki]Template:Set Item[/wiki]