Skyrockets in Flight

Hey everyone,

I've been playing the game for a couple years now, on & off. Recent experiments in SP give conflicting results, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

Background: Level 144 WE, Niobium SP Sacred UW 2.28. Mainly MS & PA, with EA for variety. One bow of each element. For a long time Egill's X-bow was my only LL -- when I got low, I'd launch a volley of whatever element I was killing with, switch to Egill's in Slot 1 to heal up, and then switch back to my killing bow. Then I got hooked on Ettol's Crit and Phys reduction, and would switch over to it post launch. Then Arafeli's fire bonus vs. undead. Etc.

Basic question: If I launch a volley of 6 PA -- say, Arafeli's fire with undead boost -- then switch to Ettol's while they're attacking, do I get the extra crit and XP in addition to the undead bonus, or do I lose one? Or both? In other words, which bonuses & attributes can be changed after the arrows are already launched?

I think that ones you switch over you loose the bonuses but I could be wrong. I would be interested to see what Csaszar or Schot would say about this. But I am pretty sure you loos the Bonuses after you switch weapon slots

I don't often weapon switch like that since I keep 1 of each elemental dmg - ettol, araelfi, octanion, and a good "yellow" poison bow - and the 5th slot is my trade wep/shield. It is my understanding that the bonus in effect at any time is what is currently equipped, so when you switch from the Araelfi bow, you lose its bonus, which would be replaced by the Ettol bonus. Since the major Ettol bonus is reduced phys resist, you are better off shooting with it than the Araelfi, as so much of the latter is fire damage and therefor not aided after the switch.

I use ex arw and wear 1 ll ammy and 1 ll ring -- each at 5 or 6% leech. With < .5 sec regen on the arrow, one hit leeches about 1/3 of my hp, so I'm almost always full. For mobs, do an MS first to get 6 arrows at a time. In real estate, its location, location, location. In archery, its ettol, ettol, ettol.

Interesting question.

And AlephO welcome to DarkMatters.

Well...I know that for my seraphim, once a celestial light is cast...I can change how much damage the kind of damage that a CL in operation is outputting, simply by changing weapon slots.

For example, if I cast a cl from the cl casting slot, it will cast at a very high level...and then when I switch to my melee slot, the huge crit bonuses in the melee slot all mod that same cast CL.

The thing is, the CL is a running effect....while the arrows are an instant cast, correct? So is the damaged and/or type of damage "locked" into the arrow after it's been launched?

Or can the nature of arrows be changed in mid-flight?

Fascinating question.

;)

gogo