A Unarmed Combat Sera

This idea came to me when I was playing around again with the Seraphim this morning. I had Accidentally hit a button when I was changing from a spell to my attack ca and oops my seraphim was naked in battle with out her swords, but to my surprise was very proficient with just her hands. So it got me thinking. What it would be like to do a boxer seraphim.

So my question is how feasable is this, and has any one atempted this?

I know with some toons it is hard to keep up the dmg with unarmed combat. That is one thing I am asking for is advice on as I go forth and attempt this build. any input will be welcome.

Edited by EvilMale

Hi :dance:

Unarmed seraphim? Hmm ... sounds interesting :cha (18):

Maybe the even clser range would amplify her RBOL even!

Btw:

I am not sure how it works for the seraphim but for Daemon the Dual Wield skill was greatly effective trying her unarmed. I dont know its a bug or its intended but both attack speed and attack rate were boosted trough DW when I tried my Deamon unarmed. " handed gloves and 1 handed knuckles ?) as well. It may worth a try for seraphim too!

Hehe nice idea EM! I look forward to hear more from this build idea if you choose to implement it!

It seemed to work quiet well with the seraphim's Dual Wield skill so well in fact that I almost didn't realize I wasn't using my swords lol

'unarmed' seraphim='boxer' seraphim='ripping claw' seraphim:

as much items out of the dreamnettings of gods set as possible (if old school melee only), or full freyas (if hybrid with RBoL/Light..)

3 socket claws or 3 socketed knuckles (look for them @ the braverock double-traders)

+attack rings, crit and leech stuff, go for physical dmg, boost phys regen or strg and be careful with niob vot/h-ridge.. better level somewhere else...

possible skillz-table of choice for the melee-claw build:

(as you see.. at least 2 or even 3 skills free -if you skip par/agil. take trade if you don't have a trader-char yet, pick ranged for socketing ettols/egills rings, for the hybrid choose ML+CM, and skip either PAR or AG for MED if you plan to use RBoL+Light frequently, or even add other spells.. just for RBoL+SoF support, you don't need 2 regen-skillz)

Magic Lore

Weapon Lore

Meditation

Concentration

Celestial Magic

Polearms

Sword Lore

Constitution

Parrying

Horse Riding

Dual Wield

Armor

Ranged Combat

Agility

Trading

that's it. seraphims-builds usually don't need long guides, but if you're interested I'm sure you may find what you're looking for somewhere @SIF/GSF... :dance:

Edited by Rotluchs

Well I have been toying around with this idea on my lan since I had the idea for it. And I am seriously wondering if it can be done. DW seems to act as the modifier to bring up the slack for the lack of the unarmed combat skill but...... the dmg seems to drop off around level 30 any idea?

Hi :)

We need to separate certain concepts - namely:

#1, "Can be done"?

#2, "Can be done with great efficiency"?

The answers could be short or long. Lets stick with the short answer :cow_white:

#1, Yes, definitely - seraphim is capable to any role.

#2, No, impossible. - No boxer char could even near the destructiveness of an Area of Effect capable melee char not to mention magic users (absolutely forget DE)

Rotluchs gave a nice base to build a boxer seraphim around. There could be small differences if you go full melee or build a hybrid but ultimately she wont be able to "Rock" - that doesnt mean she wouldnt be able to kill any single baddies - but release her in VoT or a more difficult place and she will have a hard time.

But hey dont give up :)

Well as you guys know I have been testing this for several days now when I am not online playing. And my conclusion is SCRAP IT its a build for the junk bin lol the dmg drops off to sudden and its dang near impossible to bring it back up.

Interesting

With a huge amount of life leech and a very fast flurry of hits...could this help guarantee that sustained hits would help with getting a kill without too much risk?

And, if you had different gauntlets with different elemental damages...much like in the way that WE's use dif bows with dif elemental values, maybe this could help by making sure that most of the damage your build is manifesting makes it through to the victim?

I can see it taking a long time to kill things, but the build would still be successful no?

:4rofl:

goog

I have thought of different ways to do it tbh. It may still yet be do-able but..... I was hoping I wouldn't get the floor mopped with my toon in harder regions I kinda unleashed her into VoT before Csas made the post on it lol. To me a build isn't a viable build if you can only play it in a few regions. That just gets boring. But still on the other hand it was fun to try it out and see what would happen. Chalk this one up to a learning experience.