The Wire

enci

Didnt find a topic for this one, but I cant possibly be the only one watching it :sigh:

1199814402640.jpg

The fifth and final season started on Jan 6th. Sadly it will contain only 10 episodes and it’ll focus on the media (especially journalism) and media consumption.

I personally think its the most brilliant show out there atm. I got hooked during season 2 and watched the whole first season in a day :tongue:

The series started out as a realistic looking presentation of the Baltimore drug scene, seen from the perspective of the drug dealers and law enforcement with your fair share of anti heroes, but it’s a lot more than a regular cop show. Since the first season it’s evolved into something even more complex – showing the economics, politics and sociology of the city. It manages to tackle important issues without being cheesy or didactic. And it’s not uplifting. In fact some episodes simply kill you. But it’s also damn funny – well, if you like black humour that is.

Every season has its own main story arc so if you’re not familiar with the show you can start with any (still, the first one would make the most sense) Also recommended for TV haters: it’s not over stretched and it doesn’t surprise you with utterly idiotic turns just to keep the story going.

Highly recommended, top notch show :thumbsup:

Nice writeup Enci.

"Since the first season it’s evolved into something even more complex – showing the economics, politics and sociology of the city. "

That's cool. I'm always interested in fresh angles on culture, I'd be interested in seeing how these actors "hold" interest for a few seasons.

I'm mostly a fan of sci-fi though...does this have anything on BSG?

:P

gogo