in the end, is "trading skill" worth it?

I'm using the Daemon, so you see my problem.

I was wondering if at lv 216, "trading" becomes useless.

Or can it still produce items which are over lv 216 themselves

What I'm trying to find out is wether I can get just as good items when I've reached lv 216

I'm using the Daemon, so you see my problem.

I was wondering if at lv 216, "trading" becomes useless.

Or can it still produce items which are over lv 216 themselves

What I'm trying to find out is wether I can get just as good items when I've reached lv 216

Daemon can't take Trade Skill.

Any other character can, and can shop (providing they keep up their trade skill) for better items.

By the time you make 216, you'll be king/queen of Ancaria (really really powerful), so it doesn't much matter about the trade skill.

TherionX has made it to 216 with each kind of Daemon.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jericho

When you really get into this game, you end up taking trading, just because of all the possibilities it offers with helping your other characters out in your "family" Some peeps run a trader a few levels ahead to keep buying great stuff for their "real" toon who is a few levels behind and who can profit from all the goodies that can be bought. Trading is especially good for making sure your casting slots are in perfect form with the highest leveled possible items in there with the greatest number of sockets and socketables.

:)

gogo

ahh, I see better the question now. You can definitely find drops of levels higher than 216, higher than level 250 in fact. But if what you're asking is...What is the highest level of item that a maxed level trading skill on a level 216 character can produce...oooh, interesting question there.

And I don't know the answer, maybe someone else here who's done that can come up with some answers here for you.

I'd be interested in know the answer to this as well

:)

gogo

merchants on occasion actually sell my Daemon items of higher levels - 2 to 3 levels higher

On another matter

I loaded this 216 lv dwarf

raised his trading skill to lv 255

the highest item I found at a merchant was lv 240

now here's another strange thing

I also maxed out his forge lore

strange thing about this is that when you read the skill info - where it says next level

it says it can forge items up to lv 283

but on the skill itself, it says it does up to lv 279

anyhow, I love my Daemon, so I guess I'll just have to use my dwarf to buy items for her when she reaches really high levels. What I originally wanted to know was that, when all is said and done, if it was at all possible that a Daemon - without trading - may possibly end up with just as good items as one with trading.

sorry, disregard the first line, it was for another post stating that merchants never sell you items above your level.

but here's another question, does it make a difference if you're buying stuff in different difficulties.

I was doing the shopping with the dwarf in silver

Oh absolutely, notice the shield icon on an item? It the symbol for difficulty level, naturally the higher the difficulty the better the item. Even set items are better on higher difficulty level.

Also: for instance, the resistances in Silver difficulty on armour are lower than in Gold difficulty.

The maximum CA values are higher in higher levels of difficulty.

For instance, maximum Far Sight in bronze is +26. Even if your level 1 Trade Dwarf (the only character likely to see it at level 1) buys something from a Bronze Merchant with Far Sight +27 it will change in his inventory to 26.

I have had several high level toons that have taken trading as a skill. And yes the benefit is worth it even in Niob. As it has been stated before the benefits from your trade skill allow you to stay on top of your game with your toon. Casting slots are a big part of your toons arsenal. And to weaken then by not using a trade skill is dang near suicidal for most online hardcore toons. For all forms of play trading also aids in cashflow for your ever growing toon. You get stuff for less and get more for selling. So it is a win win situation. With toons that I wouldnt normally run trading on its like Gogo had said I generally run my trader toon ahead of my non- trader toon to keep up with his/her ever growing needs. So it really pays off in the long run when you want better mod's and better dmg producing stats.