Stage 6 uploading probs

Knuckles

Been trying to upload a vid for a bit now. I get to "Step 3 of 3: Publishing to Stage 6" and then nothing. It says my vid will be published soon, but it's been over 4 hours.

Any thoughts on what's wrong?

Sadly, they were hacked about a week ago Knuckles. :4rofl: They're still recovering I think. All uploading was disabled for several days and it's only been 2 days I think since they've made uploads available again.

Upload is currently disabled

Change your password if...

Uploads are working again - Happy Valentine's Day.

I've just uploaded a video and I'll let you know if I'm succesful. *crosses fingers* For the sake of testing though you might want to attempt to upload a small video of say 5 seconds. You might need to change the video slightly each time you test with it though. Recompress the video a slightly different way with each try.

Still having problem and it seems everyone else is too. Not sure when it will get fixed.

So I guess I'm looking for another site to upload vids at least temporarily. Any suggestions?

It seems to be ok for me Knuckles. Sorry I couldn't post that sooner but I had some surprise company yesterday, heh. My bro's Bday. :D

My first attempt didn't work out at all. I uploaded a video which became stuck in the 3rd stage of processing for over 12 hours. At that point I did some searching for an answer and came across a post on the Stage6 forum that made some suggestions to help garantee a smooth upload. Really simple ones at that:

Make the video title one word

Have only the minimum # of tags. One from the drop down list and 2 the you enter. One word tags only.

Make the description field one word and edit the description field as you please after the video is fully uploaded.

I tried that and amazingly enough the whole process took about 15 minutes.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes Knuckles.

As an alternative when I'm having a hard time with Stage6 I use Vimeo. I do have a bbcode already made for vimeo here on the forum. It just hasn't been added to the drop down list of optionally embeding. I'll add that into the list. :P

Will have to give those suggestions a try

I went and made an account over at youtube. Not the greatest clarity but it'll do for those computer challenged peeps like me

• 3 weeks later...