PounTine

rmholy

After those fries come out of the hot oil, into the paper bag, the heavy dusting of Chili Powder,

Less than 6 drops of Tabasco, Shake the bag. Coat it generously with Pizza style Parmesan.

Coat it all w/Ranch Style Bacon Salad Dressing. PopCorns' Great this way, without the Salad Dressing.

Our Texas Style poUNtINE

Edited by gogoblender

Poutine (Quebec French pronunciation putsɪn (help·info)) is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curds and covered with gravy and sometimes other additional ingredients. The freshness of the curds is important as it makes them soft in the warm fries, without completely melting. It is a quintessential Canadian comfort food, especially but not exclusively among Québécois.

Poutine is a fast food staple in Canada; it is sold by many fast food chains (such as New York Fries and Harvey's) in the provinces, in small diners and pubs, as well as by roadside "poutine trucks" and "fries stands," commonly known as "casse-croûtes" in Quebec. International chains like McDonalds[1], A&W[2], KFC and Burger King[3] also sell mass-produced poutine across Canada, especially in Quebec. Popular Quebec restaurants that serve poutine include Chez Ashton (Quebec City), La Banquise (Montreal), Lafleur Restaurants, La Belle Province, Le Petit Québec and Dic Ann's Hamburgers. Along with fries and pizza, poutine is a very common dish sold and eaten in high school cafeterias in Ontario and Manitoba. It is also a very popular meal at ski resorts.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
commonly known as "casse-croûtes" in Quebec.

Hi Borg - this bit of terminology interested me! A casse-croûte in France is just a snack, literally break-crust I suppose. So its Canadian use in this specific way is interesting. They have done some funny things to the French language have them Quebecois folks. And hi there too Gogo. Think I'd better retire into Oblivion again. Glad to see the kitchen is still producing the goods.

The comments are not from me there all result from googling the term Poutine. The few times I strayed across the border into Quebec but never tried them. However I may show up at Gogo's doorstep and try them f080.gif

Edited by Borg
Hey Borg, can Mom and me catch a ride with you so we can try them too? I promise we are on the way there.

*lol* I may have to get a sidecar for my motorcycle then

Edited by Borg

heh, you guys are all welcome to come over.

But I warn you, I'm notorious for plucking out all the melty cheese before anyone gets their paws on it :D

Don't worry....I hear plain fries in sauce taste good.

:D

gogo

evil spock

and I'm so hungry

:cry:

gogo

p.s. Mcd's has it's own poutine...but nothing like the good stuff. Mcd's stuff has a kind of "golden" gravy. lol, more like chicken sauce than the rich pork stuff you want for the real poutine ^^