Cooking with dates ?

Rotluchs

Question's already in the title,

so here it goes: :(

after my last adventure-trip to Tunisia in Spring '07 I got curious about all possible recipes there might be, with dates as their major or minor but important ingredients...

unfortunately both my arabic and french language-skillz are so bad (in fact, non-existent) that I missed a good opportunity to ask all the nice,funny,strange,cool people we met while I was there...

well: my father enjoyed the trip as much as I did..

..and a week ago he left for the next trip, Tunisia Sahara-Desert V2.0 reloaded so to speak ;)

my point is, I'm very sad I wasnt able to join him this year. but, I can't wait untill he gets back home with all those tons of new photos, adventure-storys etc etc..

and of course tons of deliiiicious dates . we got crazy about 1A quality Deglet Nour on our last vacation there, however we already loved them ages ago..

so:

anybody knows any good sites or recipes you could post or link here?

I'd like that very much, having some dates cooking dates.. thehe.

PS: what I'm especially interested in are recipes that use meat (maybe from sheep) as well as dates

for this spicy+sweet mix,

but all other date-stuff one could dream of, like desserts will do too ofc

Dattel-hell.jpg

Greetings RL

Edited by Rotluchs

lol, this is hysterical...rotluch, I take an inordinate amount of pride in all the foods that I can eat... but...lol, you've just hit my secret weakness, dates are pretty much the only taste I...don't know what it is...I just can't eat them, lol. I consider them the kryptonite of my world....however.... maybe there's hope for me yet. I did enjoy reading about your family's love of them and I'm hoping that maybe this thread will pick up some interesting additions and links for you to consider when cooking.

Dates and Sheep...wow. A pretty wild combo, especialy considering that sheep is (LOL) my least favorite meat only because when we were growing up everyday it was goat goat goat, and sheep smell so much like it.

Oh well...I am curious as to if anyone has recipes for the two...

how engrossing!

:bump:

gogo

lol, this is hysterical...rotluch, I take an inordinate amount of pride in all the foods that I can eat... but...lol, you've just hit my secret weakness, dates are pretty much the only taste I...don't know what it is...I just can't eat them, lol. I consider them the kryptonite of my world....however.... maybe there's hope for me yet.

Gogo... you eat this c'mon I'm sure you can eat some of this dates too! :D

sorry offtopic. whats a date? :bump: got a bit confused bcos only heard the word used like to go out with someone :)