Frenzied Rampage double hit mods work with ranged weapons.

idbeholdME

Despite the wiki claiming that:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Chance_for_Double_Hit

Ranged weapons are unable (at the code level) to trigger Double Hits. Keep this in mind when choosing combat art modifications. This modifier should be more properly called "Chance for Close Combat Double Hits."

I've actually tested these mods (on a completely fresh install of the game with no game mods and a new character) with ranged weapons and surprisingly, they work just fine. Frenzied Rampage does 3 instances of damage with ranged weapons (2 visible projectiles but the second one always deals damage twice) and with the Double Hit mods, it triggers even with ranged weapons. Seeing anywhere from 3 to 6 instances of damage with the mods active.

Is the wiki info outdated? Was it a changed in Ice & Blood? Did nobody try this before me?

So many questions, but I can with a 100% certainty say, that at least Frenzied Rampage supports double hits with ranged weapons.

Edited by idbeholdME

@dimitrius154  Is it perhaps true that Chance for Double Hits works on ranged weapons when the bonus is granted via a spell token?  It is known that items with Chance for Double Hits don't work on ranged weapons, but then again there is a similar situation with Opponent Health for Death Blow where it can be granted by CA's but not items.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

Is it perhaps true that Chance for Double Hits works on ranged weapons when the bonus is granted via a spell token?

CA mechanics are represented by a set of functions(cSpellclass) for each CA. Some spell tokens only work when used with a specific function set. Also eiStates influence as to how exactly the CA's work. In case of Frenzied Rampage we have a generic cSpellclass, therefore it's about the "cSMSKAttack" eiState.

• Thanks! 1