Ancaria Airlines - Possible to infinitely farm the quest?

I'm playing Sacred 2 with the Community Patch quite a while and randomly got one skill and one attribute point every once in a while. I haven't really cared about this but out of curiosity I searched the wiki pages. After God knows how many years now I learned it is the Ancaria Airlines (and an other one) quest that give those points. Learning those I made a backup of my save and checked how it works during LAN and I have to say it is possible to infinitely repeat the quest and practically have access to infinite amount of points.

While I can simply stop completing that two quests but it is still a thing. Maybe I just overlooked something and it is not possible to infinitely farm the quest so I would love to hear the developers' answer. :)

• The title was changed to Ancaria Airlines - Possible to infinitely farm the quest?

Hello!  Well, there are flags that can be set in the quest script to prevent this. Unfortunately they were not set by the CM devs.

I didn't design this quest but I think it's pretty neat (world tour of all the hard-to-reach places in Ancaria) so I went ahead and changed the flag for Ancaria Airlines and all attribute-granting quests in my mod Enhanced Edition.

This flag will make a given quest playable exactly once per character per difficulty, whether in Singleplayer or LAN, to prevent the kind of abuse you mentioned.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello!  Well, there are flags that can be set in the quest script to prevent this. Unfortunately they were not set by the CM devs.

I didn't design this quest but I think it's pretty neat (world tour of all the hard-to-reach places in Ancaria) so I went ahead and changed the flag for Ancaria Airlines and all attribute-granting quests in my mod Enhanced Edition.

This flag will make a given quest playable exactly once per character per difficulty, whether in Singleplayer or LAN, to prevent the kind of abuse you mentioned.

I see. This is unfortunate but thanks for the alternative, I'll try it out. :)

By the way can you tell me where the quest scripts located? I have tried looking at the documents in the server folder but that doesn't seem like the one I'm looking for. I may try editing it myself since I strictly play CM alone and S2EE requires new character saves anyway.

Edited by Pityesz
10 hours ago, Pityesz said:

I'm playing Sacred 2 with the Community Patch quite a while and randomly got one skill and one attribute point every once in a while. I haven't really cared about this but out of curiosity I searched the wiki pages. After God knows how many years now I learned it is the Ancaria Airlines (and an other one) quest that give those points. Learning those I made a backup of my save and checked how it works during LAN and I have to say it is possible to infinitely repeat the quest and practically have access to infinite amount of points.

While I can simply stop completing that two quests but it is still a thing. Maybe I just overlooked something and it is not possible to infinitely farm the quest so I would love to hear the developers' answer. :)

Love that Sacred's still in your blood for all these years and you're still waking up to Ancaria ^^

Here to call out a hearty welcome to the forums Pityesz!

:crigon_04:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Love that Sacred's still in your blood for all these years and you're still waking up to Ancaria ^^

Here to call out a hearty welcome to the forums Pityesz!

:crigon_04:

gogo

Thank you! Sacred 2 is the primary example of a computer ARPG for me. Not perfect but it is everything. Can be played as a simply clicking game, or as TPS action game. Got story but you can roam freely. Works both online and through physical LAN. Maybe not the most balanced when it comes to PvP or most challenging PvE but everything it does is just right.

By the way I have an another question that is partially tied to this topic. I have used a stat calculator to compare my level 78 character's points. Seemingly there is something like +12 skill points on a Shadow Warrior than what it supposed to have based on the calculator. Is the skill points gain per level got increased in CM? Given it has +4 skill points from the above mentioned two quests completed on silver and gold.

11 hours ago, Pityesz said:

By the way can you tell me where the quest scripts located? I have tried looking at the documents in the server folder but that doesn't seem like the one I'm looking for. I may try editing it myself since I strictly play CM alone and S2EE requires new character saves anyway

Sure, you're looking for scripts/server/quest.txt

Ancaria Airlines is named "S_HE_1_CM-Rundreise", quest id = 3538,

Search for this quest and then look for the line that says:

releasestage = 30,

and change it to:

releasestage = 10,

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

Sure, you're looking for scripts/server/quest.txt

Ancaria Airlines is named "S_HE_1_CM-Rundreise", quest id = 3538,

Search for this quest and then look for the line that says:

releasestage = 30,

and change it to:

releasestage = 10,

Thank you. Seems like it works at my side too. :)

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I like your avatar. Is that dragon relief from a story ?

:)

gogo

No, it is just a stylized dragon with transparent background I found on a random site a long ago. I'm using it in MechWarrior 4 when I play. Yes, I'm into older games. XD

If I may have a question, how can I disable the boss cam? I want to stay in simple behind view during the battle but most mods don't support this. In CM it is disabled and I hope it is just a simple edit somewhere in the scripts too.

Edited by Pityesz