Sacred 2 - Campaign Shortcuts

Hello friends,

Thinking of any% speed runs in other games I'm looking for shortcuts for the campaign (primarily light) in the form of tricks, glitches, quests etc that could help finishing the campaign as quickly as possible.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 - Campaign Shortcuts
13 hours ago, ameaeth said:

Hello friends,

Thinking of any% speed runs in other games I'm looking for shortcuts for the campaign (primarily light) in the form of tricks, glitches, quests etc that could help finishing the campaign as quickly as possible.

Hallooooo Ameaeth!

(always sharp avatar btw :thumbsup:)

Are you looking for tech mods that can get you to the end almost instantly or, in fact, ingame play strategies that will get you through quicker?  for example skipping through some of the side quests  that are not related to campaign, a guide perhaps that someone has put together for a speed run using portals, airballoons , etc?

:)

gogo

Well, the game requires you to complete all the main quests and as far as I know, there are no bugs/glitches you can abuse. You can get out of bounds in the game and walk straight through the ocean for example, but not sure it'd allow saving time in the campaign compared to doing it normally. Maybe getting to the guy you have to poison once you arrive to the Dryad island.

Probably the only thing you can do is map out your path, which monolith to activate so you can use it as a teleport point to save time, teleport at the right moments during quests to save the time walking etc. In a similar vein, also make use of your F7 save to use as a backtracking point. For example, make an F7 point on the island with Mer-Kil, go kill Carnach, quit the game and resume to instantly appear on the island.

Also definitely play a character that has access to a movement speed buff, like Killing Spree for the Shadow Warrior or Frenetic Fervor for the Inquisitor. Maxing movement speed early is pretty much impossible otherwise. Getting a horse ASAP is also bound to help. Although keep in mind that in vanilla Sacred 2, mounts could not be used in the caves at all. But pretty much every mod out there allows them to be summoned in caves. So if you want to follow vanilla rules, you should not be horsing around in the dungeons.

Also make sure you play the Shadow Campaign. It is generally much shorter than the Light Campaign. For example, you only have to fight the Mist boss once or you can just walk through the Dryad forest without even having to enter their capital.

Edited by idbeholdME
On 6/2/2023 at 12:09 AM, gogoblender said:

(always sharp avatar btw :thumbsup:)

On 6/2/2023 at 12:09 AM, gogoblender said:

Are you looking for tech mods that can get you to the end almost instantly or, in fact, ingame play strategies that will get you through quicker?  for example skipping through some of the side quests  that are not related to campaign, a guide perhaps that someone has put together for a speed run using portals, airballoons , etc?

Any skips, glitches, legit teleports, quests etc works as long as the game does not have to be changed through an additional mod or using the character editor.

On 6/5/2023 at 6:41 PM, idbeholdME said:

make use of your F7 save to use as a backtracking point. For example, make an F7 point on the island with Mer-Kil, go kill Carnach, quit the game and resume to instantly appear on the island.

That's a good one, I haven't made use of reloading the game, although I suppose possible only in single player mode?

Making use of balloons and portals is definitely on my list. Another thing I've been trying to see if it can help are those teleport-boats on the islands on the way to Carnach.

Cheers

Edited by ameaeth
  • Like! 1
1 hour ago, ameaeth said:

That's a good one, I haven't made use of reloading the game, although I suppose possible only in single player mode?

Yep, only single player.

Also, another mod vs vanilla thing:

You can freely teleport only to actual teleporters in the unmodded game. The ability to also freely teleport to any ship travel point or hot air baloon was added by mods. But it depends on how puristic you want to be.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1