My Guardian's issues (and it stinks) .

I'm currently using CM+EE updates and I've always wanted to make a guardian because who doesn't want to play a cyber-dog

and kill lots of enemies . So I did some googling and found this build Clicky on these forums, and after getting to L67 in silver,

I see nothing but failiures ..  there's absolutely no damage at all from the spears, and my shield drops almost instantly

when I fight anything stronger than normal enemies - and once the shield pops, im down to spamming healthpotions to stay alive.

Another issue I find is that my Deathly Spears doesn't have multiple attacks, despite going for  Gore, Singe, Impale .

"Deathly Spears: Can now strike multiple times by default. Number of jabs per cast scales more quickly. Gold
mod “Jab” (extra strikes) changed to “Impale” (chance for deep wounds)" .  CM+EE changes to JAB .

So in fights , despite having 20+ runes read in Deathly  Spears, it takes forever to kill a single "elite" unit, and even the skeletal liches

and mages will nuke my shields very fast.  So I am starting to wonder if Deathly spears is broken (no extra dmg)  or this build simply doesn't work

after the changes to, and removal of Jab .

My Shadow Warrior has no issues dealing with armies of elites and normal mobs.   This TG can't even properly handle a single elite

without having to start chugging healthpotions.

• The title was changed to My Guardian's issues (and it stinks) .

Hi are you using Vaclaf's build dwarf in the left arm?  I think that build should be using Lost Fusion combat arts to deal damage right?

Did you say on deadly spears that you didn't take jab?  That eliminates a lot of hits.  Eating more combat arts with the jab mod increases the multi hits.  You need both the jab mod and lots of combat art levels (either from gear or eating runes).  But most enemy you should use Lost Fusion CA's.  I think against boss you use Jolting Touch along with Deathly spears.  The jolting touch is modded for this purpose and most bosses have a large diameter so the Deathly Spears can shotgun them with a lot of hits.

Another issue is your gear.  Some builds, Lost Fusion based included, need good gear to shine.  There might still be shoppers that you can download.  Then you can shop for niobium quality jewelry to put in the sockets of your level 67 gear.  Will shore up offense and defense.

• Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, claudius said:

Did you say on deadly spears that you didn't take jab?  That eliminates a lot of hits.

The Enhanced Edition update removed Jab and made the deathly spears increase in hits by default,  which is strange because I don't see multiple hits.  I was hoping that someone could tell me why, or if I simply have to stop using the EE because ... maybe it broke multi-shots on deathly spears ?.

13 hours ago, claudius said:

Unfortunately I don't know much about the Enhanced Edition.  So there's no option to choose jab?

13 hours ago, Dreez said:

The Enhanced Edition update removed Jab and made the deathly spears increase in hits by default,  which is strange because I don't see multiple hits.  I was hoping that someone could tell me why, or if I simply have to stop using the EE because ... maybe it broke multi-shots on deathly spears ?.

Thanks Claudius for helping out on this question ... i was never one for TG and never really got too far with the builds cept for the first low level trader in my trading network :D 
Dreez, good to meet you and welcome to the forums

:superman:

gogo

15 hours ago, claudius said:

Unfortunately I don't know much about the Enhanced Edition.  So there's no option to choose jab?

That's why I'm asking on these forums,  I have no idea why my TG is performing so bad, why his shields drops instantly to elite enemies (which means they're obviously useless against bosses) and why my Deathly Spears are seriously underperforming .  I was told these forums was the place to go for answers and help.

Jab is replaced in EE.  Instead, the number of hits will scale as Deathly Spears levels up, without the need to take any mods. This is the only change to the combat art.

Vanilla: Deathly Spears hits once per cast, unless you take Jab, in which case it will hit twice. This has the benefit of being immediate, but it barely scales at all. I think it gains a third hit by level 100.

EE: Deathly Spears should gain a second hit around level 20, a third hit around level 60, and a fourth by level 100.

I might be off with the total hits but the EE values scale about 30% faster.

Either way, I can't see Deathly Spears carrying a build. You would almost have to use it as support and get your main killing power from other combat arts.

• Like! 1