Trying to make a mod that allows elves (dryads and high elves) to use two handed swords - Modding Two handed Swords

Hmm, in itemtype.txt I'm seeing WEARGROUP_SERAPHIM for seraphim only items (for example), and in blueprints.txt bonus groups for two handed swords.  Still nothing on constraints or banned WEARGROUPs

• The title was changed to Trying to make a mod that allows elves (dryads and high elves) to use two handed swords - Modding Two handed Swords

Even if you manage to make them equippable, the biggest problem yet awaits you:

Those two characters have no animations for 2 handed weapons. You could try re-using them from a different character, but it would most likely end up looking distorted in some way.

• Thanks! 1

Regarding the animations, you could add entries in animation.txt that "overload" to other animations. So for example a Temple Guardian might use his 1h animations to swing a 2h sword. So that part is manageable through the scripts.

The real difficulty is the weargroups in itemtype.txt. Most weapons will have weargroup="default" which defers to the hard-coded weapon limitations. So you'd have to be able to edit the code in the binaries to change it, which is very difficult.

• Thanks! 1
On 5/9/2024 at 2:01 PM, Norino said:

I'm trying to make a mod that allows elves (dryads and high elves) to use two handed swords, any ideas?

Hallooooo Norino! And happy to see you've made it over to the boards here  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand have met some members with that modding knowledge you seek on your adventure through Sacred's vast modding world.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:cow:

gogo

El 5/9/2024 a las 20:01, Norino dijo:

Estoy creando intentando un mod que permita a los elfos (dríadas y elfos altos) usar espadas a dos manos, ¿alguna idea?

I would like high elves to be able to use 2 swords and be masculine, do you know if it is possible?

Edited by Oppoa16