Your favorite movie screen shots

It's funny, just until yesterday I never thought of doing this. Printscreening particular scenes from a movie that I'm watching on my computer. And yesterday after repeat viewing this one scene over and over from The Lord of The Rings, I was wondering if there was a way for me to share the delight and excitement I felt while doing this with others here on the community. So here it is, a thread and my starter screen shot:

th_gandalf.jpg

The thing that has always fascinated me so much from The Lord of the Rings was the sparing use of magic... in fact Gandalf's use of magic was so rare in the books/movies, that everytime he would manifest anything as small as a glow, there would be murmurs of ooooooooh from the audience. This one scene has Gandalf in all his fearlessness running out to defend the returning host after it's wallop in battle. Gandalf's use of his staff sends out piercing beams of light into the sky to drive away the winged creatures.

The funny thing is that the scene is kind of...hokey? But because there is so much bravery in his actions, that he has no feelings for his own life, and just races out to do his best...This screen shot more than most others makes my heart swell in pride for people doing great things for their friends and their cause. There is an epic majesty about it, something that catches me everytime I look at this battle, maybe it's the distance at which they framed the shot?

Go Gandalf!

:hugs:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

First I wanted to post about a hundred LOTR screenies, but…

how about this one?

evilaliens5yh3.th.jpg

Ok, not my favourite but definitely memorable, I rewatched the movie some days ago (for the umpteenth time) and realized this scene still cracks me up

oh yes, it's from the Evil Aliens

edit:

A screenshot just doesn’t do justice :viking:

Edited by enci