Upgrade Time

bhj

been looking at the G11 and G15 keyboard as well

now if I only could get the G15 in blue cos it looks sooooo much better dont you think ?

I will agree that the blue looks better, but in all honesty it doesn't matter.

I have the G15 Rev2 which has the orange lighting. It doesn't take you long to get to like the colour and in all honesty.......does the lighting matter?

I will admit to being thankful on a couple of occasions where I had to play a game in the dark and it was great to have the lit keys.

But the colour didn't matter, it was just the fact that the keys were see-able that was important. :blush:

I bought the G15 for the fact that it was a good size (the original took up way too much benchspace) and the G keys are so easy to configure.

I also love the ability to see the CPU and RAM usage in the LCD screen.

The one thing I don't like about the G15 is that the keys show greezy fingers easily. So its not good to have KFC while playing Sacred :D

stubbs

@stubbs hehe nope it doesn't matter but it looks soooooooo much better with blue LEDs :(

and with blue leds inside and 7 of them in the front a blue keyboard had been so :( (silly iam) :)

started working on the server now btw ^^ (its ok working on pc´s when I have started but I hate staring to work on them) :D

• 5 months later...

I just had to have another XFX 8800 GT :)

xfx1.jpgxfx2.jpg

so tomorrow ill set up the SLI ( I think so anyway :( theres a "case" with one of the games iam playing I need a solution to before I do this But I think I have it now) :)

geforce_8800_gt_sli_5.png

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to setting up the SLI :4rofl: but I might be going something wrong (a bit wrong anyway) cos iam only getting 13k in 3D Mark 2006 :(

It works like a charm in Age Of Conan :D (the graphic is just beautiful) :P but 13k in 3D Mark 2006 is kinda disappointing :D

13399.gif

• 5 months later...

Now if it only had been a normal day to day (but everything is closed) :)

Anyway iam finaly getting my main box up and running again (even made a few upgrades :(

Asus%20Striker%20motherboard.jpg

So out with this one (Asus Striker Extreme)

And in with the new one (Striker II Formula)

formula.jpg

Out with XFX 8800GT

xfx-8800gt-alpha-dog-graphics-card.jpg

And in with XFX GTX 260

355303.jpg

And my Mist 600W PSU has been upgraded to a Mist 650W :o

Did I hear anyone say Age of Conan :)

Wow, someone has some money I could've used a lot more than you :) j/k ofc, nice upgrade BHJ! But I'm curious, will you really get that much different performance with the 260 instead of the SLI'd 8800gt? I'm not keeping up with Nvidia atm, mostly due to the continued renaming scam, but I thought the diff between SLI'd 8800gt's and a 260 wasn't that big?

Anyway, nice upgrade. What CPU+cooler are you running, and at what speeds? :(

yeah iam kinda curious about that myself myself :(

but iam def going to run SLI on this mobo to :) (as I have understood things I can run three cards SLI´d on this one) :o

as for the CPU its the same Q6600 as before with the stock cooler not clocked :) But I think I might haveto nudge it up a bit :) (been told it runs stable @ 3600 Mhz :o) but iam assuming thats not with the stock cooler :P

No you'll need a nice Scythe Ninja or TRUE to cool it properly at those speeds.

But jeez, I thought you were a die-hard OC'er! I would NEVER buy a board like that if I wasn't going to OC a lot.

My current motherboard cost me €35 because it was an overstock item, but it's running my E6420 at 2,67 GHz now (stock is 2,13) and it still hase some head room left, because I keep it at the speed of my RAM (2x 1GB DDR2 667). I will be upgrading to 4 (2x2) GB DDR2 800 some time this month, and I'll be trying for the 3,0 GHz. Mind you, that's on a €35 board!

With proper cooling you should easily get that quad running on 3,4 or higher, since the Striker II Formula has a wide variety of OC'ing options.

Here's a selection of OC'ing CPU coolers:

Scythe Mugen 2

Scythe Ninja 2

Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer

OCZ Vendetta 2

The Sunbeamtech is one of the best coolers out there when price/performance is your goal, but it's hard to find. At least here in Holland.

Frostytech Top 10 Heatsinks

The above site keeps a list of the best coolers out there. Not all of the above choices are there, but there also are some brands I don't really know on the list. It's worth to take a look around at Frostytech, because it's the best source for CPU cooler reviews out there. :)

Hehe well I was going to OC the Striker Extreme I just never got around to it :4rofl:

But since the Q6600 is the bottleneck in my new system (in the old one to for that matter)

I think I need to do a bit of OC :) but theres not that much space between the heatpipes so I need to find a cooler that fits

strikerIIformula.jpg