The hard life of Emergency Management...

Dewey1.jpg

my beautiful town of dewey... flooded like whoa

Dewey2.jpg

EVLN.jpg

NCCPD.jpg

New Castle County had the same issues that we did down south...

RehobothFire2.jpg

RehobothFire.jpg

tree.jpg

this is what to do if this happens near you: RUN! You don't want to be stuck in what I had to deal with yesterday... and what's strange is that today is perfectly normal! lol. take care all.

-Total

Oh man... What a mess Total. I imagine you must have been doing all sorts of running. To help out others and get drenched in the process, haha. The folks there are lucky to have people like you. Hang in there. :P

I live in the shadow of a mountain that has the highest records sustained windspeeds on earth... at over 200 mph ... before the recording device broke. Strong winds are nothing new and there is a reason we have winter, MUD Season, and then spring around here .... *lol* Thats just a little flooding ...

I live in the shadow of a mountain that has the highest records sustained windspeeds on earth... at over 200 mph ... before the recording device broke. Strong winds are nothing new and there is a reason we have winter, MUD Season, and then spring around here .... *lol* Thats just a little flooding ...

whoa thats real rough. we're a small town, about 3,000... but in about 3 days we're going to be at about 60,000. I'm glad the weather held out before that happened. its rough because we're only a block wide, you can see the bay and ocean from pretty much anywhere in town. its quite easy to flood. even on just a normal thunderstorm, bayside tends to rise dangerously high. we get drunk people falling in all the time lol.

-Total

Glad to hear the flooding has stopped.

Had to google map rehoboth beach delaware...

And then I learned something (elementary for USians): Philadelphia is not inland!

2 lessons in one day... at this rate I'll become a genius!

We used to own a Time-Share Condo which was right on the water in Ocean City, Maryland. It was on the bay side but it still got a lot of wind and water during storms.

We've been to Rehoboth Beach and it's a pretty area.