How to survive if you died in Hard Core?

Hey folks! :D

This topic is one that some of you can blame. It is based on a trick. The trick is the next:

When you die, and change weapon you can live again.

Now this is not 100% correct. I made some testing with a level 140 Battle mage in niob.

Here is a vid of the testing: (lol I know that the music doesnt fit...)

Here is the secret. (At least it was a secret for me 'till this morning.)

The only way to continue the game if you died is changing the weapon slot. It doesn't matters what weapon you change though. Here are the possible changes:

1H-->1 shield Ok

1H-->2H Ok

1H-->1S+1H Wrong

1H-->1H Wrong

1H-->CG Ok

S-->1H Ok

S-->2H Ok

S-->1H+1S Ok

S-->CG Wrong

S-->S Wrong

2H-->1H Ok

2H-->S Ok

2H-->1H+1S Ok

2H-->CG Ok

2H-->2H Wrong

1H+1S -->1H Wrong

1H+1S -->2H Ok

1H+1S -->CG Ok

1H+1S -->1H+S Wrong

1H+1S -->S Ok

CG-->CG Wrong

CG-->1H Ok

CG-->2H Ok

CG-->1S Wrong

CG-->1GH+1S Ok

Ok some help...

1H=one handed

2H=two handed

S=shield

CG=combat gauntlets

Now...you can see in the vid how a weapon change works on dwarf. When you use flame thrower it stops shooting.

You need to change correct weapon to work. At surviving you need to do the same. Correct weapon's changing.

But the most important part is that you need to leech life when you are on ground. If you dont leech life you can never live again!

If you do it right, you will survive. I know this can sounds like a cheating but in my opinion you can take a try when you die in level 140-200.

The description is not 100% unambiguous so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Edited by tomi

oh this have been discussed many times before and I been in many of them, I known about this for a while and the thing is, if u die once and relive... u will be a ghost next time you log on... if u die once and dont want to lose the char u can die more then once to get the char to turn into a fully functonal SC characther

and tomi, can u post the link to the video? aint working here for me.. had to click ''quote'' and then copy the url

oh this have been discussed many times before and I been in many of them, I known about this for a while and the thing is, if u die once and relive... u will be a ghost next time you log on... if u die once and dont want to lose the char u can die more then once to get the char to turn into a fully functonal SC characther

and tomi, can u post the link to the video? aint working here for me.. had to click ''quote'' and then copy the url

Sure! Sorry, my apologies.

The vid

So as you saw in the vid, I died lot of times and then survived by that trick. After this happens once you wont be able to move any of your items, but when you log out and back everything is the same. (well 0% SB)

I didn't have a courage to try in closed network, but I've exported a HC toon. He never turned into a ghost, but died a few times.

Hope this will help.

Okey so you mean you tried with a HC toon in closed? And become Soft core?

If yes then that's really strange. Everything worked well for me...

yeah wierd indeed :D when I died once and relived (sb0%) and I log off when he lives again he shows as ghost in characther selection, when I do more than twice he shows as a softcore char and is fully functonal

edit: :devil: bob

Edited by Erling

Hey Tomi!

lol, I think this same thing happened to me once, while I was playing in Kamikaze... the game changed my toon into a :devil: softcore toon! I was pretty upset when this happened, and Carolyn was wonderful, she helped me get my toon returned back to normal hc

nice vid btw

:D

gogo

Hmmm that's strange. And just suddenly? Or perhaps lag? And one more thing. You realized it when you logged of?

Erling: By the way. If the trick doesn't work always better if you don't risk. If ever you die you can take a try though. :D

It was lag, and happened when a bunch of us were fighting all at once... my game jammed, and when I got back, lol...I was a softcore toon! :devil:

Apparently, getting toons turned in to SC is an evil bug...I know that one of my friends, Knight of the Rose, had this happen to him as well.

:D

gogo