Hot Dang, it's the Stride Ad! Love you for posting this man.

And here's a cool story.

A few years ago, probably around the time the DarkMatters was just beginning, I had seen a great clip with this dancing Matt. The music, sentiment...pretty much everything just blew me away. I was also taken up by the vision that Stride had for their gum, and the way they wanted to get it known around the world. At the time, Strike had new technology that was supposed to be able to make a gum's flavor last...forevah ^^ That claim, along with their fresh packaging and punchy appeal had me drooling over wanting to try it... alas...the gum was to be found nowhere in Canada.

Enter Carolyn Hacker..bless her for her generosity and surprises!

She tried to send me the gum twice...and both times it was sent back.. for strange security reasons or something at the border. :P My taste for the gum went unclaimed for more than a year... and just a little while back... Matt's gum made it over to our shores where every few weeks I now buy a package (lots of well-wrapped sticks in them ^^) to hand out to all the folks at work. I just like everyone all chewing and smiling together, and it gets the day off to a great start.

Apparently Matt was approached by Strike when he was about to start off his tour around the world. He was burned out from game designing, and needed a change of pace. He was approached by Strike to make the videos, after which he asked them... "Well, what do I need to do for you guys?"

Their response?

"Nothing...just do what you want to do"

Matt's travels took him all over the world and his fame brought him time on CNN where his website, and global dancing were an instant hit.

And while his dancing may not compare to Fred Astaire's, the heart he's put into his project had captured the world, and Stubbie, this new video you posted here of him has made my day.

This is the second video I've seen of him now.

Here's the first

Great find Stubbie... next beer's on me

Keep on dancing big big world

:P

gogo

p.s. Excerpt taken from Youtube poster regarding the music from the second video:

barbataher :

"The song is based around a traditional Baegu lullaby from the Solomon Islands called "Rorogwela", and uses a vocal sample originally recorded by ethnomusicologist Hugo Zemp in 1970 and later released by UNESCO as part of their Musical Sources collection. The lyrics refer to a young orphan being comforted by his older sister despite the loss of their mother and father. "

Wow, thanks for the informative feedback gogo :P

I'll see if I can find Strides chewie over here.........now I think about it I think I have seen some at the grocery store :P

The idea of doing a silly dance all over the world is a pretty basic one but Matt just seems to make the whole thing work.

I prefer his latest clip though............. more people joining in :)

and thanks for fixing up my original post.

stubbs

Edited by stubbie
I prefer his latest clip though............. more people joining in :P

and thanks for fixing up my original post.

stubbs

lol, I was thinking the same thing... I love the fact they placed the emphasis on the community and what the peeps of the globe all have in common, however I just absolutely dig the music from the second. Maybe they should make a third video and stick the two together?

And while we forget about dancing, it seems, as time goes by... deep down inside, I think a part of us just really wants to dance

lol, no sweat with the coding on the youtube, next time you have a link if you want it to show like the way I made it just press on the Insert Special Item button in your posting page, and just paste in the code.

Ping

Insta Video!

gogo

That brought a smile to my heart, so to speak, thanks stubbs! :P

And yes the natives are brilliant

~Doom

I never would have thought that I could be moved by something so simple as a guy dancing in various locations around the world. A very cool video indeed.

Although the natives were nice, I liked the part in India where he started dancing like the girls.