I have a question regarding Sacred install on Vista

Is Sacred Gold compatible with Windows Vista? I just intalled it on my computer and when I try to access the game, it tells me to install Disk 1. I do that, and still can't get anything. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone give me some adivce? Thanks.

Moonwatcher

As Putrescine said above, patch is nigh important.

And just dug up a great thread from SIF on Vista with steps you have to take in order to get the game going:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...mp;postcount=12

• Make sure you have User Account Controls and Auto Play turned off.
  • Next, install your Sacred Gold
  • Patch up...for you it's this one here:

Sacred Underworld/ Gold ver 2.28

:)

gogo

If he cant install the game he can't patch it................ Moon what you need to do is turn off the auto run in the control panel. Vampie had to do that with her laptop in order to run sacred and install it

Auto-Run is evil for some things, however the UAC doesn't need to be disabled, you can still install under it... either that or I installed in XP and then found it in Vista and it ran... once it's on it runs.

However another note: in Multiplayer you have to set yourself to the lower setting for connection speed, regardless of what you have. Well unless they've gone and fixed that since I last played.

I seem to remember running on XP 64-bit and having some fun getting it to start... I'm using Vista-Business 32-bit since I got it virtually for free when I built my PC just before the Vista release (Cost of XP Pro + $34 or so S/H).

I know some people have managed... random guessing at possible solutions... shove it into XP SP2 compatability... it should fix a few things hopefully. That or force it to run as an administrator... it probably has to do with Vista's 64-bit required WHQL certification or somesuch. Other than that look/ask on SIF, they have all sorts of rigs there.

I just ran the patch and Sacred does just fine now! Thanks to all of you guys for the help and info. Can't wait to catch you on line for some good old fashioned "hack and slash". Take care and see y'all soon!

Moonwatcher