Finally! A new desk!

Hey!

So after some months my new desk arrived!

A few months ago my dad rode me to my birth-city, where we know a carpenter, who accepted to make me a desk.

So after 250 Km-s (:)) we arrived. He asked what do you want like? And I told him. 2 days before my vacation my desk arrived (at 5am brrr).

Now I can use it the whole day after joining the pieces together.

Here's a pic. I know...I can't make pictures, but you can see the point.

The best is that I had a chance to design it all! weeeee!

IMG_3543.jpg

wow, gorgeous! lol, like a pic from an ikea catalogue ^^ I love desks Tomi. It took me years before I was able to decide upon how I wanted my desk to be in my room. One of my friends had a very long table from japan in dark wood, heavy and ornate. I knew from that moment that was what I wanted. Just a very long table ,that I could zip my chair along it's length with. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I think desks are so important. We spend a lot of time at them, and want to be productive. Anything that's too short, or just turns us off is another reason not to do homework, or catch up on taxes on.

Your desk has that extra touch, with the story of your and your dad going so far away to have the carpenter build it, and with your ideas. The curve is elegant, color and finish sharp.

Enjoy the productivity.

:)

gogo

nice desk tomi... I have to find some friends like that *lol*

:drool:

wow, gorgeous! lol, like a pic from an ikea catalogue ^^ I love desks Tomi. It took me years before I was able to decide upon how I wanted my desk to be in my room. One of my friends had a very long table from japan in dark wood, heavy and ornate. I knew from that moment that was what I wanted. Just a very long table ,that I could zip my chair along it's length with. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I think desks are so important. We spend a lot of time at them, and want to be productive. Anything that's too short, or just turns us off is another reason not to do homework, or catch up on taxes on.

Your desk has that extra touch, with the story of your and your dad going so far away to have the carpenter build it, and with your ideas. The curve is elegant, color and finish sharp.

Enjoy the productivity.

1smile.gif

gogo

A! hahaha! Well I wont be able to zip with my chair...but surprising how many cups, and empty bottles it can hold. And I still have some spare place on it. :P

Only thing I need I a nice computer on it. :P

Desks like that are great...you've got the edges to which you can add extensions or tables. The table extensions usually aren't that much more, just get the top part with no extra drawers and you'll just "feel" more like a king :drool:

May I ask what kind of wood it's made from? The carpenter looks like he's good at his craft. Bet you're scared of that first scratch huh

:P

gogo

That looks wonderful Tomi. Very nice work by the carpenter and your design choice is an excellent one me thinks. :drool: Oh and what a great window you have. I would love to have a window like that!

Ohh it's made by pinewood.

The whole desk is made by 4cm wide pinewood pieces. All because that I wanted an arch in it.

Anyway today I made a 0.5cm long pencil mark on my desk. =( can't clear it down. So guess what would I do with a scratch or crack or omg with a break. *lol*

So yeah I protect my desk!

Oh yeah big window. :drool: Too much light and sometimes I feel that every neighbor is watching me, but soon I'll get a curtain.

Ahh and the smell of the new wooden furnitures!

Ohh it's made by pinewood.

The whole desk is made by 4cm wide pinewood pieces. All because that I wanted an arch in it.

Anyway today I made a 0.5cm long pencil mark on my desk. =( can't clear it down. So guess what would I do with a scratch or crack or omg with a break. *lol*

So yeah I protect my desk!

Oh yeah big window. :drinks: Too much light and sometimes I feel that every neighbor is watching me, but soon I'll get a curtain.

Ahh and the smell of the new wooden furnitures!

Only get shear curtains. It will give you the privacy you want but still let in all that light. A proper desk that is comfortable for you and alot of light can be a very good source of creative inspiration. I love that window.

It actually is a pretty awesome window.

Tomi, you guys live in a house, right?

Is there another window on that house that is this window's mirror twin?

:drinks:

gogo

:drinks: Well I thought 2 curtains. One to make privacy and one to make dark when it is time to make dark. If you know what I mean...

Yup! In a house. And this is the biggest window. There are 2 almost big window as this, but they are splitted to two-two rooms.

One under this floor, and the other is under that.

View? You mean this view?

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

Unfortunately the balcony there is really small, so I don't go out there... And don't really watch the view.

Ahh, relaxing view suburbia...and you're up high, so the vantage is distinct. So different from what I see out my window. This makes me think that "view out our home windows" thread would be a great topic.

:unsure:

gogo

LOL!

:unsure: Take a try :(

So different from what I see out my window.

Ohh and what do YOU see from your window though? ;)

Gooooood! I want to see it! :( I mean I'd like to. ;)

Somehow every view is nicer in picture than in Real Life. Or maybe my eyes are going to die? :unsure:

Edited by tomi